Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (lol1585)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-02-2006, 6:03 AM Reply   
Just wondering if anyone has used the Big Air Pylon's Tower. I like the looks of it over the monster but wondering how sturdy it is? I also like the price alot better. But just wanting some helpful insite.. www.bigairpylons.com
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-02-2006, 6:07 AM Reply   
Have one, used it now for 3 years, no problems, great price, sturdy and great people at the company. Good luck with your search.
Old     (lol1585)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-02-2006, 6:58 AM Reply   
Does it rattle? Easy to fold down? Easy to install?
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-02-2006, 7:12 AM Reply   
The rattle that happens is due to the cotter (sp?) pins that have a ring on the end that hold the horizontal cross members properly spaced. To alleviate the rattle, simply install a bolt and the rattle would be gone. We did not install in, but at second glance, it would be no harder than any other universal tower. Folding down, yes that would be easy.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-02-2006, 12:30 PM Reply   
I have had one for two years, and no problems with mine, I liked the style on my boat alot better than the Monster. good company to deal with.
Old     (wetirish)      Join Date: May 2003       03-02-2006, 1:12 PM Reply   
I too have had a Big Air tower for three years with no problems. You can use bolts like Daniel said or put a small piece of tape over the ring on the end of the pin. Folds down easy. It did take a few more hours to install then Big Air said... I measured four or five times each step before I drilled the holes. It also fits the style of my boat better. Great customer service.
Old     (garman)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-02-2006, 3:00 PM Reply   
I'm in the process of putting mine on. It will take longer than they say, but it isn't a big deal. However, when you drill the stainless steel... that is tough!! You will probably tear up a bit or two ($15 a pop for a cobalt bit). Drill slow and use lots of oil for lube. The tower looks like it will be very solid... but I haven't used it yet so I can't really say.
Old     (shortywakeman)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-02-2006, 3:05 PM Reply   
Were the same as Chad, weve just purchased one a little while ago and have been working on installing it and as of right now it is mounted on our boat and looks really good. But i suggest you check where you are drilling into under the fiberglass before you drill a few times. Other than the dirlling the tower wasnt to difficult to put on and i think it looks great.
Old     (lol1585)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-03-2006, 6:18 AM Reply   
Well from the sounds of it..It sounds great!! thanks guys for the help!
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-03-2006, 5:15 PM Reply   
We loved ours. It took about 5 hours to install, great price. I just posted a pic in the Bayliner thread if you want to see it.