Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-27-2005, 3:54 PM Reply   
im ready to man up to this one......but just wanted to check on here for some advice first.

first off, ive got my backside/blind 180's down solid. I lost my progressive backroll somewhere this year, but my mexi is as mexi as they get and im capable of taking it big so.......

am i right or wrong to say its just a big mexi with a late 180 2 blind thrown in at the end? Any tips on handle position? Im guessing I want the good old mexiroll with my front hand at the hip to pull around the blind.

Only thing im a bit wary of on this one is taking that backside edge, I hate em.

Advice from people that can stick this shia would be cool, thanks.

www.wakecoupons.com
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-28-2005, 9:07 AM Reply   
no advice? I need some help with the cajones on this one.......
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-28-2005, 9:52 AM Reply   
On my roll to blind, I try to take the Mexi roll straight up in the air. As High and lofty as I can make it. As you know when you are half to about 3/4 of the way done with the roll you can spot the landing. As soon as I spot the landing I start to crank it to blind. I do this looking over my right shoulder for the second wake. ANd by pulling the rope with my left hand to the small of my back. I land mine blind I think that is easier. It really helps to go wake to wake with this one. If you land wake to wake you can sketch out the blind 180 a little bit if you come up short. I never really took that hard of slams on the roll to blind, except if I Bailed out or went a little to big (then you catch that dreaded backside edge). The nice thing out the lae blind in it, is that if you decide not to go for it you can still land a mexi roll.

Hope that helps.
Old     (kystyle)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-29-2005, 5:17 AM Reply   
mexi roll?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-29-2005, 7:24 AM Reply   
Mexican backroll...it is more of a tucking type roll where you roll edge over edge and throw your head down to initiate the rotation. A normal or progressive backroll looks like a reverse cartwheel. Same trick but just different mechanics.

Mexican rolls are easier for roll-to-blinds but for most people the normal backrolls are easier for roll-to-reverts and mobes.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-29-2005, 8:43 AM Reply   
mexiroll when executed right actually kind of looks like a true front flip, which doesnt exist in wakeboarding.

if i ever get out to ride again ill give the roll2blind a shot.....

www.wakecoupons.com
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-03-2005, 4:15 PM Reply   
SO ?????
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-03-2005, 7:44 PM Reply   
no cajones.

i talked myself into a hole on this didnt i? if i can get out again this year i better go for it.

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-03-2005, 7:47 PM Reply   
Ahh!! You sounded so comitted.

Get out there throw it before it drives you nuts all winter. It will be like the girl you wish you would have talked to.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-03-2005, 8:02 PM Reply   
I agree and its pretty easy, once you get the right pop.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-04-2005, 1:00 AM Reply   
i think you just need more peer pressure mike.

so go #$*%*$&*@#*@^$%@! do it!!!

good enough? ;)
Old    cdubs            10-04-2005, 1:29 AM Reply   
a mexican roll is like an underflip snowboarding. a roll to blind on a snowboard would be no dif then a way corked bs 5. feels almost as good except the handle ya know.
Old     (lostkgb78)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-04-2005, 3:04 AM Reply   
Mike,
Start close to the wake, like 5 feet out.
Stand tall all the way through the wake.
Don't let the handle get away from your hips.
Make the handle pass in the first 1/3 ofyour roll and simply turn your head to the left if your goofy, or right if your regular.
As long as you get the handle pass early the pull will do the rest.
If you want to turn it to a KGB keep the handle close to your hips the whole way
GOOD LUCK
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-05-2005, 8:09 AM Reply   
today kids, today.

www.wakecoupons.com
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-05-2005, 8:22 AM Reply   
Throw it like you KNOW you're going to stick it on the very first try.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-05-2005, 1:12 PM Reply   
no dice, choppy water high winds and my buddy (his boat) got called back to work on short notice....

I gave it one quick shot and dipped the nose trying to bring it around, got ripped out of my board with a smile on my face cause now i know i can handle the crashes.....friday is the day.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-05-2005, 1:25 PM Reply   
excellent mike! isn't that a great feeling when you finally get up the courage to try a new trick and you survive the crash no problem? great to get over that hump. congrats!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-05-2005, 1:43 PM Reply   
You got past the first attempt!
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-05-2005, 7:57 PM Reply   
Just make sure you stand tall off the wake and as soon as you pass the handle lift your head and chest up and look for the shoreline.
A video grab of mine. Sorry about the poor quality
Old     (lostkgb78)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-06-2005, 2:05 AM Reply   
If you dipped the nose it means your leaving the wake to early. Take it up and wait for the pop.
It's a very fluid move when done right. Don't think of it as throwing a back roll then going to blind. Think of it as one fluid motion.
Keep trying.
Aloha
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-06-2005, 11:51 AM Reply   
its 48 degress here in wisconsin today......

that might be it for the year.

we'll see........

www.wakecoupons.com
Old     (melan_mobe)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-07-2005, 3:10 PM Reply   
Im also trying to learn a roll to blind, is that the Ryan Siebring?! You still riding Ryan?
Old     (lostkgb78)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-07-2005, 4:40 PM Reply   
Not really, 2-3 times a year
Went back to surfing
Easier on my bum knee
Lates
Old     (elgato)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-21-2005, 12:57 PM Reply   
Bum knee? You should try skydiving
Old     (lostkgb78)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-21-2005, 10:30 PM Reply   
I have
Here's me doing it
http://www.big-boys.com/articles/baddive.html
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-21-2005, 10:52 PM Reply   
Sorry for the hijack but.

Is this Ryan that used to ride the LF best board for LF back in the old days. If so this is Squid haha FMs red headed step child least thats what you used to call me. Long time where the Heck have you been. Ryan I miss those good old FM and LF houseboat days at shasta (board stocks)Reamber brandon johnsons boat with that bar oh man did people get hurt.