Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    pbob            03-13-2003, 8:26 AM Reply   
I've read people say that the SAN is the best boat on the water with the best wake.. Can you guys post some pics of the wakes..? I don't think I've ever seen a pic..

Thanks
Old     (razz)      Join Date: May 2002       03-13-2003, 1:35 PM Reply   
Pete,

The best boat on the water with the best wake is the one giving you a pull! Everyone will have their own opinion on what is the best wake. Some people like a wider wake, some a narrower wake, some more vert, some more rampy. It all depends on your style of riding.

We love our wake. Here are some pictures of our 2002 SANTE with only the stock ballast (approx. 900 lbs.) in salt water. Probably don't need to say this but it takes more weight in salt water to "sink" the boat due to the increased density of the water.

These pictures were taken at 22.5 mph at 70'. Hope this helps.

Old    chase            03-13-2003, 1:46 PM Reply   
This is kind of old and a really bad pic but it's all I have at the moment. I will try to get a new, updated, one this weekend. This is with about 16-1800 lbs.
wake
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-13-2003, 4:22 PM Reply   
SANTE with Factory ballast only, not sure on the speed
Old    dholio            03-13-2003, 4:30 PM Reply   
Razzman
I saw those pics and recognized where they were taken! I skied there at the end of January. What an awesome place! Would love to go back there!
Old     (razz)      Join Date: May 2002       03-13-2003, 4:39 PM Reply   
dholio,

Keehi is definitely a great place to ride. Were you at the site with somebody from Oahu Water Ski Club? If so who?
Old    dholio            03-13-2003, 6:03 PM Reply   
Yeah I skied with Ben and Roger Logan and a couple of the other guys. Wait till your place shows up in waterski mag in the fall!
Old    pbob            03-14-2003, 5:02 AM Reply   
Razzman.. I wasn't dogging I just wanted to see some pics.. I hadn't seen any..
Thanks
Old     (razz)      Join Date: May 2002       03-14-2003, 8:59 AM Reply   
Pete,

I didn't think you were doggin'. I'm just not a big fan of the "best boat" or "best wake" arguements that get started. The best boat or best wake is really a subjective assessement. No worries man.

We are having a grass roots contest here this weekend so I'll try to get a pic of the wake with about 2500 lbs of ballast.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-14-2003, 9:26 AM Reply   
How's that leg treating you Razz?! It's David D from WakePics (aka BattleAx).

Get some pics put up for us on WakePics of that contest, it looks like a great place to ride.

PS - I've got a question for you as well, check your messages. Thanks!
Old     (razz)      Join Date: May 2002       03-14-2003, 12:03 PM Reply   
wakeguru,

Good to hear from you. Don't want to hijack this thread so I'll email you. I'll definitely post some pics from the weekend.