Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-01-2009, 3:02 PM Reply   
Admittedly I don't know much about the photography world...But my wife does a little bit. She loves it in fact. She's more into the old school cameras and such. Anyhow, She was given an old Canon EOS A2E but it didn't have a lens. She was going to check today at a camera shop to see if it even works. We were told it did. I think it just needed a new battery. She rooted around her camera stuff and had a Canon 35-80 lens that fit and should work for her. I'd like to get her a bigger more powerful lens for Mothers Day but don't have any idea on what to even start looking for.

That's were my WW peeps come in. Help me out here. What should I be looking for?

Thanks all...
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-01-2009, 4:49 PM Reply   
That's one of the old models that has the eye controlled AF point selection.

http://www.canon.com/camera-museum/camera/film/data/1991-1995/1992_eos5_qd.html?lang=us&categ=srs&page=eos&p=2

Any regular EF mount lens will work on that body but the new ef-s lenses designed for the newer crop bodies won't.

You could start with a 28-135 or a 70-200, it's a 35mm film body so there is no "crop" factor.

Just make sure if you buy a non Canon lens it's got the regular EF mount, and it's not designed for a crop sensor only or you could get vignetting.
Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-01-2009, 5:20 PM Reply   
Will that 35-80 lens work for her? I just assumed that it fit and it was also a Canon that is would work...Don't have a model # of the lens as the wifey has it with her.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-02-2009, 6:48 AM Reply   
If it's an EF mount it will work. Since you already have that lens maybe think about a 70-200 or 70-300 zoom to go with it.
Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-02-2009, 9:07 AM Reply   
Cool. Thanks Rich.