Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    wakeboard_iraq            11-10-2003, 10:48 AM Reply   
I finally got my comp running again and have a couple short video clips I'd like to post. Got to the upload page at wakepics and it shows that it is loading forever. What is the trick? - the vids are MPEG and under 20 meg.
Old    jakeman            11-10-2003, 11:11 AM Reply   
if it looks like it is uploading
then just wait it could take an hour or more depending on the amount of people uploading their vids
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-10-2003, 11:11 AM Reply   
The trick is to be patient. It can take a while to upload.
Old    wakeboard_iraq            11-10-2003, 11:15 AM Reply   
It finally worked - took about 30 mins so I assumed it was not working - thanks

Now I can finally give Steve Cowen the video of his son blowing out his ear.
Old    jakeman            11-10-2003, 11:18 AM Reply   
Jim
if you want
go to 420PRODUCTION.com
send me the videos and I will put them on my server

late/jake
Old    wakeboard_iraq            11-10-2003, 11:44 AM Reply   
I will do that as soon as I creat my email account on my comp. A virus wiped out my whole comp so I am reinstalling all of the programs - lots of fun!
Old    jakeman            11-10-2003, 11:55 AM Reply   
u still in Iraq
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-11-2003, 12:40 PM Reply   
Be nice and compress... Your videos should not be more than 3.5/megs per 1 minute.

What program are you using to edit/export your videos?

Old    jakeman            11-11-2003, 6:54 PM Reply   
Kung Fu Wake

what connection do u have?
Old    wakeboard_iraq            11-11-2003, 7:16 PM Reply   
Kung Fu - How do you compress? My vids are WAY too big for what they are. WAY TOO BIG!

Jakeman, I'm back home now. Still dont have my home email working so I cant send you the videos. Will do it when I get it working.
Old    wakeboard_iraq            11-11-2003, 7:28 PM Reply   
Kung Fu - I right clicked and hit "send to: compressed" but the file went from 15 MB to 12.5 MB for a 50 second clip. Any advice on how to make this much much smaller?
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-11-2003, 11:37 PM Reply   
Jakeman - cable modem

Jim - There are a number of ways.

1) For Movie Maker follow the 4 easy steps I have outlined in the following post (scroll down till you see the pic with the 4 steps) http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/76852.html

2) Download Windows Media Encoder 9 from Microsoft.. It’s FREE, it will compresses your video in no time (overall speed is dependent on your system of course), and once you know what you're doing it easy to do. To get WME-9 do the following:

a) Go here http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/default.asp
b) From the Select Download drop-down, pick "Windows Media Encoder"
c) Download the appropriate version for your OS.
d) Install it

3) For Adobe Premiere you can do the following:

a) From the Tool Bar select File > Export Timeline > Advance Window Media -or- Advance Real Media Export
b) Select your desired settings.

I prefer option #2 because I can specify settings that are not available in option #3, but that’s just my personal preference.

If you decide to go with step #2 let me know and I’ll write up some instruction. I'll even provide you with some general settings to get you started.

If you really, really, really want to find out more about compression check out http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/9a86.htm Be warned, it’s has a lot of detail and it’s quite long!

Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-13-2003, 12:01 AM Reply   
thanks for that link to adobe's reference material. that's some good stuff. the descriptions there are better than in the old avid manual we have at work!