Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-18-2012, 11:11 AM Reply   
They came through and shipped me out 2 props to try that arrived today. I know the 1235 will be a night and day difference from the 537 that is currently on the boat (especially after the fight it lost to the concrete boat ramp last week!). I think I'm gonna throw on the 5 blade 2131 first and run it this weekend before trying out the 1235 next weekend.

Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       05-18-2012, 1:38 PM Reply   
I like what you did there with the post title The props look awesome!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-18-2012, 2:11 PM Reply   
Can't wait for the reviews.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-18-2012, 2:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaxymek View Post
I like what you did there with the post title The props look awesome!
Ha. Kinda cheesy I know but ACME hooked me up and have been a real pleasure to work with so far. They went out of their way to make sure and get me the best options for my boat. They even emailed Daniel Watkins to see how he's liking the 1235 on his Tige RZR. They waited a day for his response and to do a little more research before shipping the props to me and then shipped them both out with the prop puller kit via 3 day air for the same price of regular ground shipping.
Old     (shagman)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-19-2012, 7:07 AM Reply   
I've been curious for a while if we'll see these props start to be available in smaller sizes? Is there anything that limits the effectiveness of the 5 blade design as it gets smaller? I run an Acme 525 on my boat right now and I'm happy with its performance, but if a suitable 5 blade replacement becomes available I would be tempted to try it out. Any ideas on this?
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-21-2012, 12:16 PM Reply   
I just got my 2271 Acme for my star.

Based on some normal cruising i am impressed. Hopefully by next weekend my ankle is good enough to do some boarding.

I got to give a quick pull wake surfing and the wake looked cleaner.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-21-2012, 1:27 PM Reply   
Well, once I got to the river Saturday morning I pulled the boat out and installed the 2131 5 blade. I ended up only having 3/8" clearance between the prop and the hull so I pulled it and installed the 1235 which gave me 5/8" clearance.

I'm guessing maybe the pitch of the prop made the difference? They are both 14.5" props. Anyway, the 1235 worked great and was an absolute beast out of the hole!

I emailed Jim at Acme but he told me he would be out of the office until tomorrow. Here's a pic of the 1235:

Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-22-2012, 10:03 AM Reply   
I love ACME.

Can't say enough bout the Customer Service and the product
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-22-2012, 10:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed_g View Post
I love ACME.

Can't say enough bout the Customer Service and the product
Agreed! Never had a bad experience working with them!

Can't wait to hear about the 5 blade! we run the 1235