Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-10-2009, 12:13 PM Reply   
Just stopped back to look at the pics again (drool, drool). Damn you Dave!
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-11-2009, 9:42 AM Reply   
that thing is so sick its effing swine flu sick!!!!! over dope congrats
Old    usfhookup            09-11-2009, 10:14 AM Reply   
interior is nice.... exterior is ugly and so is the tower...
Old     (ridetige)      Join Date: Oct 2008       09-11-2009, 11:22 AM Reply   
sounds like someone is jealous
Old     (ricabernathy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-11-2009, 12:50 PM Reply   
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ill admit im jelous!!!
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       09-11-2009, 1:25 PM Reply   
Does anyone know why the bu's went to the 2 panel sundeck vs. 3 (and now with that strange little sliver between)? Ive never understood that. There are 3 major divisions underneath (engine and 2 side compartments)
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-11-2009, 2:11 PM Reply   
man this is my 2d chirp on this thread but it keeps growing and was curious if there was news.

indeed, those trailer pics! that boat and trailer combo are just stacked with deluxe features ... really top of the line.

i like the way, in this economy, the inboard mfrs are proceeding. rather than serving us Novas (Chevy Nova is prolly too old a reference here, but ... ??? ... anyway ...), when any of us puts together his or her hard-earned money to buy one of these boats, our choices seem to pack more excellence than ever before, which is refreshing confidence, in whether or not we weather the things that are going on right now.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-11-2009, 2:19 PM Reply   
I don't know Adam but I like my 3 hatch system so much better.
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-11-2009, 5:34 PM Reply   
Wow Dave....I like the improvements...they really are taken the wake game serious!!!!....
Cant wait for a pull.

Res
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-13-2009, 11:21 AM Reply   
Hey Chris! What's up bud?

Adam,

As for the 2-piece hatch, personally I like it. Really like the idea of having the hard walk down the center. My vinyl took quite a beating over the years. Just my opinion.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-14-2009, 1:28 AM Reply   

quote:

Curious - Is that a painted galvanized trailer - if so, I am headed back to Malibu!!

Yes, it is a beautiful BoatMate painted and galvanized trailer. In fact, the Extreme trailer under my 2008 boat that we had for two years was also painted and galvanized. As far as I know, that's been an available option for a while now.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-14-2009, 1:44 AM Reply   

quote:

Does anyone know why the bu's went to the 2 panel sundeck vs. 3 (and now with that strange little sliver between)? Ive never understood that. There are 3 major divisions underneath (engine and 2 side compartments)

I never understood it either! The larger covers on the two-cover system are bulkier and harder to lift. That makes it hard for kids to open them and makes it almost impossible to open it when you're standing on the trailer.

That being said, I like what they've done with the 2010 boat with the walk-through in the middle. This sort of goes back to a three-cover system and makes the side covers more manageable. I've never been a fan of walk-throughs because they usually waste storage space, but this one does not. We just got back from three days on the water and I can't believe I never realized how much I needed this walk-through over the engine. All of our loading and unloading of gear and passengers is done across the back, so I was using this thing like crazy all weekend. I can't imagine how much less wear and tear I'm going to put on my sunpad vinyl now.

Another thing that I used to think was lame is the little seat above the swimstep. I'm 6'4", so I always thought, "What am I going to use that for?" Again, it just seemed like a waste of storage space. However, after a weekend of use, I see how wrong I was. No, I don't use it to sit on. I still stand when I put my boots on. However, it's at the perfect height for my kids and smaller adults to sit on while they are putting on their boots.

However, providing a seat for the shorties isn't enough to sell me on this feature, so I'll tell you the two things that did. One, now when people are sitting on the back of the boat getting ready to ride, I can still open both storage covers and get out ropes, slime, drinks or whatever. I found it incredibly convenient not to keep having to ask the rider to move from one side to the other.

Second, and most important, is it's function as a step. As I mentioned earlier, all of our loading and unloading is done from the back of the boat. That seat is a welcome step that not only makes it an easier climb from the swimstep up and over the sunpad (especially when you're carrying something heavy like a cooler), but when you weigh 200 pounds and you're constantly jumping down from the sunpad to the swimstep, you can put an awful lot of wear and tear on it. The extra step makes it a much more graceful exit off the back.

Unfortunately, it now makes me want some kind of clever step down the other side into the boat to reduce the wear and tear on my seats! :-)