Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old    jamesanddiva            05-12-2004, 2:02 PM Reply   
We don't see Sanger, Calabria, the new Session in Dallas. Any opinions on these boats?

James
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-12-2004, 2:07 PM Reply   
Sanger V210...the most underrated boat.
Old     (onealrep)      Join Date: May 2002       05-12-2004, 2:08 PM Reply   
Do a search on here for Sanger, and you'll find that everyone that owns one is super happy, and have very little to complain about. Great boat, great wake, great build, great value.
Old    chavezychavez            05-12-2004, 2:11 PM Reply   
James, Sanger and Calabria are both made in "central" California. Could be a reason why you don't see a ton of them. I bet you also don't see a ton of Sky Supremes either.

These 3 brands don't have as large of a distribution mechanism as the more dominant names, plus they make less boats per year than others.

Aside from the Session (which I know nothing about) they are great boats.
Old    jamesanddiva            05-12-2004, 2:12 PM Reply   
I see the Cali people have the Sangers. Joe, that profile pic is awesome. Is that the kind of chicks the Sanger boat gets?

I hear that Calabria is the cream of the crop? Anybody buying SkiSupremes now? they look very good now.

James

James
Old    jamesanddiva            05-12-2004, 2:13 PM Reply   
I understand that Dallas and LA are the largest wakeboard markets in the country. Malibu is really hot here.
Old    ag4ever            05-12-2004, 2:40 PM Reply   
My dealer here in Houston sells Nautiques and Sangers (Houston Watersports complex).
I asked the owner what Nautique thought about him selling another comp ski boat line, and his reply was that they think sanger is of equal quality, but is just in a different market and they don't feel threatend since they don't make very many of them.

Sanger has a cap on how many boats they make, and they aslo have the same people build the boats from start to finish so there is a great deal of pride in their work.

I think sangers are great boat, btu they still use wood stringers, which I think is old technology. Still good technology, but old none th less.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-12-2004, 2:43 PM Reply   
I'm not suggesting you're rippin' on wood stringers, nor am I saying that you commented on wood rot, but many people have, but I've yet to see a case of wood rot on Sangers, or any other boat that uses wood stringers.
Old    ag4ever            05-12-2004, 2:59 PM Reply   
Nope not rippin on it at all. Heck I love old Chris Crafts and Rivas, and they are ALL wood.

I just think that using wood stringers is old technology.

On the plus side there the sangers don't cost as much as the nautiques. If he had been selling them when I bought my boat, I might have bought a sanger instead.

On a side note, what is my deal today, I can't seen to put the letters in the right order if my life depended on it? I guess it is beer 30.
Old     (fuel)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-12-2004, 11:00 PM Reply   
XL is awesome. I've worked with it when I replaced the stringers in my Nautique. I totally believe them when they say it is rot proof. That stuff doesn't even cut like normal wood. I left a few 4x8 sheets under the eaves of the house for over a year and no warping. I still have half a sheet left that is 2-3 years old and it has no sign of warpage.

Also, my Nautique has a much better rough water ride now. It cuts through chop like a knife.

The only drawback is it costs a lot of $$$.
Old    bigd            05-13-2004, 6:22 AM Reply   
Since there is a Nautique Dealer and a Tige' dealer within 100 yards of each other on Lewisville, it's no big surprise that you see a lot of them there. Probably more Malibus and Mastercrafts than anything though. Unless you're counting Sea Ray, Baja, and Chris Craft which outnumber everything else. Anybody see that Chris Craft 28' Launch sitting by the Slalom Shop at Eagle Point last weekend? I'd love to own that boat. Don't have a spare 250K right now though.
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-13-2004, 7:43 PM Reply   
I live in Austin and have a friend whom has a Hydrodyne V drive (same thing as a Calabria Pro V, just with a different name). Hands down probably the best wake I have ridden. Enormous for the width of the boat, great transition with a peaky lip, and that is before you add extra weight. The only problem is that it is rather wide for novice rideres. I know they are a west coast boat, and I think they would catch on anywhere, but apparently the factory doesn't support the dealers. As I understand it, the Calabria dealer in McQueeny, TX is dropping them for that reason (and I have heard the same thing of other dealers on this message board). It is a shame considering that the Pro V is such a nice, roomy, wakeboard boat. I personally think it is the best value on the market...
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-13-2004, 11:53 PM Reply   
---I asked the owner what Nautique thought about him selling another comp ski boat line, and his reply was that they think sanger is of equal quality, but is just in a different market and they don't feel threatend since they don't make very many of them.----

Robert, I'm a Sanger owner and as much as I love my V-210, I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say that it's of equal quality. I haven't been in too many Nautiques but the few that I have been in have a better fit & finish then my boat, they just feel plush as soon as you step in. I think Sanger makes an excellent boat and in comparison you get a great deal of boat for your money. To me it would be like comparing a Escalade to a Suburban, one is a plushed-out work horse and the other is simply a work horse. I know that Sanger's last and they last with very few problems. I know a few old Sanger owners that have sacked thier boat hard from day one and have over 1600 hours from riding 3-5 times a week, the boat is still in good shape and running perfectly.

Again, great boats but not a Nautique. I think your salesmen/owner is cool, anyway...

B-
Old    ag4ever            05-14-2004, 6:39 AM Reply   
Yeah, I understand what you are saying, but you would be supprised when you see the two together. There is some superficial differences in the level of materials in very few places, but there is no doubt that they are two great boat lines.