Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (rgilby)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-08-2006, 11:06 AM Reply   
got a question about riding...i'm fairly new to this scene - when i watch people ride, they make jumping wake to wake look incredibly easy - whether it's on a DVD or at the lake, people look as though they cruise up to the wake, barely bend their knees and land out on the flats on the other side. i have a '97 v-drive - but i don't have any weight in it...yet. it has a 270 horse that does alright. my question is this - yesterday it was myself, my wife and two other girls. between the three of them, they weigh around 375 or so (125 a piece). i also have about a 100 pounds in old tractor weights in the bow. i'm around 6'0" and about 220 (bodybuilding was my first love...) -- my problem is when i'm riding, i'm sitting down and cutting into the wake hard - and i think really hard - and i can barely land on top of the other wake. i'm not a pro by any means, but in my opinion i'm working entirely too hard just to get to the other wake - let alone beyond out to the flats. is that a weighting issue? if i threw another three or four hundred pounds throughout the boat, would that make a difference in size of wake and help me clear it?? would that at least help solve the working too hard to barely get air problem?? any insight would be appreciated...just seems like i'm busting my a$$ to not even make it across.