Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-15-2011, 8:11 AM Reply   
I want to get a skim style board in addition to my surf board, to do more tricks with.

I'm leaning towards either an phaze 5 or inland..

I need the fastest board I can get, so which ever one keeps and picks up speed the best is what I am after.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-15-2011, 9:20 AM Reply   
I wouldn't go with an Inland Surfer skim if you want the fastest. They are on the slow side for skims in my opinion.

The new Phase 5 Danielo Diamond is supposed to be really fast. The diamond tail keeps the board higher out of the water than a pin tail which helps make it faster, but also makes it looser.

Victoria makes a re few wakesurf skims and they are really fast. They are amazing for the money. They sell for $379 and are really fast down the line. They are a bit sticky for lip tricks, but i think its due to the flex. They also make a carbon board which would not flex like the cheaper one.

And I know I always mention it, but Calibrated makes an amazing skim board. They are really quick and very responsive. They are a small company that I think will grow once more people try them out.
Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-15-2011, 10:18 AM Reply   
I have a Phase 5 Drew Danielo Pro Texillium (large) skim board that is very fast that I will sell you. This size is for riders up to 200#. It has only been used for a few months and in near new shape. $400 plus shipping. PM me if you are interested.
Attached Images

Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-15-2011, 10:20 AM Reply   
I will check out victoria, and calibrated now. but as for fase five you say go with the danielo diamond..

that board is prolly to big for me I'm like 168-170lbs

Last edited by CarFanatic5; 03-15-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-15-2011, 12:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
I have a Phase 5 Drew Danielo Pro Texillium (large) skim board that is very fast that I will sell you. This size is for riders up to 200#. It has only been used for a few months and in near new shape. $400 plus shipping. PM me if you are interested.
I might be interested in this board, as it seems it is the right size.. why are you selling?
Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-15-2011, 3:20 PM Reply   
I am selling this board to help fund the purchase of a flyboy.