Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (sanger)      Join Date: May 2002       02-09-2009, 6:30 AM Reply   
Time to renew the boat insurance and wanted to see if anyone is or has used Boater's Insurance Agency. I've been with Boat U. S. with no problems but got a little better quote from BIA.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-09-2009, 7:41 AM Reply   
I have them. No complaints.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-09-2009, 8:13 AM Reply   
I've had them since 2,000 and they've been great. In fact, I was told by my another insurance agent that it was a really good policy.
Old    pdxWAKE.com            02-09-2009, 8:20 AM Reply   
what is the average cost to insure a late model year boat?
Do they have a lay up period? Yearly?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-09-2009, 9:21 AM Reply   
I just paid 392 for a year on an 05. I really don't know if that is good or not, because I didn't shop it(agent is a friend).
Old     (davomaddo)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-09-2009, 10:19 AM Reply   
I have used BIA for about 7 years. They know what they are doing, are easy to deal with, and seem honest.

Since they are brokers, they shop multiple insurance companies for you to get the price/coverage you are looking for.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-10-2009, 2:10 PM Reply   
I have them and made my first claim last year. I've only had them since 2007. Very easy to work with and no problems with the claim at all. $6,000 claim and my insurance premium is going to go up $30 a year. Can't beat that with an extra long stick any day of the week.
Old     (cptsupra)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-15-2009, 1:55 AM Reply   
Just finished my first claim with Boat US and will never leave them. Had a tree fall resulting in 16,000 in damage. Faxed all documents and got prepayment check in 5 days and final check once work was complete in 3 days. Everything was 100% accurate with their figures and my premium is unchanged. BIA sounds to have a similar reputation, but just sharing my experience with Boat US.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-15-2009, 6:50 AM Reply   
I pay $668.00 a year from Modern out of FL. that is for total replacement cost and full coverage with medical per the state of NC. It is a lot better than Progressive since they wanted to charge me over $1500.00 for the same coverage. USAA reccommended Modern to me. I have and 08 Centurion Avalance. Any company beat that?