Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (blazer)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-15-2004, 12:03 PM Reply   
Two years ago, I got a Byerly 137 DNA, and after the first couple times out I noticed that there was spider cracking on the base of my deck, directly under where the bindings are mounted. I was working at a shop at the time, so I phoned the rep and he said it was no big deal and shouldn't affect performance. Wrong. The board seemed to keep getting softer, and I ended up putting it on the rack to sell because I can't ride the darn thing anymore. Anyways, it sat for the whole season, so I picked it up this spring. I first called the US hyperlite warranty dept., and they said if it was cracking and affecting performance, that they would warrenty it, but being from canada I would have to send it to the Canadian distributor. I sent it to the distributor to try and get some sort of warranty, they looked at the board and said the cracking was just folding of the base graphic during manufacturing, and it's on its way back to me as we speak. I am pretty ticked off at the explanation, I think I would notice cracks in the base when I bought the board; I wouldn't buy a $900 cnd. deck if it had what looked like cracks in it. Does anyone have any suggestions what I should do now? Or am I pretty much stuck with a board I can't ride or sell. Any input is appreciated.
Old     (blazer)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-17-2004, 2:54 PM Reply   
Anyone??????
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-17-2004, 3:11 PM Reply   
I have no idea on what you should do. All that I know is that if I had any warranty problems with my board the local boardshop would take it to send back to hyperlite and give me a new board. Call the factory again and see if you can send it directly to them.
Old     (mvl)      Join Date: May 2004       05-17-2004, 8:34 PM Reply   
Get a hold of a local Hyperlite rep, they should take care of you. I can't imagine they wouldn't.
Old     (blazer)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-17-2004, 9:26 PM Reply   
I think all warranty issues in Canada have to go through the distibutor, and they claim that the cracks are just foldings of the base sheet (which they're not). I thought Hyperlite was supposed to be really good with warranty stuff. Maybe that's only in the U.S. I'll see if I can send it directly to the Hyperlite factory.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-18-2004, 7:47 AM Reply   
I would raise hell! If you deal with it calmly and they prettmuch tell you to F-off, then get pissed and start demanding free stuff. I would call the factory again and see if they can't do anything about your incompetent ditributor