Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-11-2006, 1:25 PM Reply   
just wanted some opinions
...not trying to cause a war....
I am thinking about trading my 2005 Malibu Xti in for a different boat...maybe this winter or in a year
we bought the Xti 'cause I still liked to ski, but now I only wakeboard and surf....so do the wife and kids
now I'm thinking about a 'Bu VLX
or a Mastercraft XStar

which do you guys think is the better boat?
....I know that the xstar is more money...but is it a better wakeboard boat?
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-11-2006, 2:26 PM Reply   
both are nice - what dealer is close and offers a better deal
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-11-2006, 3:58 PM Reply   
Cliff- Its really a decision you have to make, and test drive is the only way to know. Ive wakeboarded behind an 06 Xstar, and the wake is awesome especially when weighted properly. Very big with nice ramp and very solid. However I havent ever surfed it so no comment there. We just got a 2006 VLX, and IMHO I like the interior soooooooo much more on the Malibu, storage however will not be an issue with either boat. Im not an amazing rider(intermediate at most) but the Xstar wake is nice with additional weight, our VLX with MLS(1250lbs) on a 75 foot line at 24.6 is also more than enough weight for 90 percent of the people I ride with, the power wedge will give you a bit extra if you ride with it(I dont). The surf wake on the VLX is amazing, honostly one of the biggest Ive ever ridden, and Ive ridden behind numerous centurions(old boat), Moombas, and Supras. Either boat will be able to give you more than you can handle in the wakeboarding department, it's just going to come down to how you like each aspect of each boat. Demo.
Tyler
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-11-2006, 5:17 PM Reply   
thanks Tyler
I have customized my Xti so that I can fill numerous bags in any location in the boat
we surf all the time with no problem
the vlx would be that much nicer I'm sure

I do ride behind a 2006 XStar once a week...and love the wake
the interior, like you said, isn't as nice as my 'Bu.....but I do love the wake

I'll probably keep my boat for a year or 2 and trade in for a newer...different model...

just curious as to what others think about each

there is, of course, the decision to stay with a 21'-22' boat or go with the 23' or even the huge 247.....
guess I'll demo all when the time comes