Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-27-2005, 9:18 PM Reply   
I used to have one back in the day. So its been a while sence I have had one. I was wondering how much they help your riding? I have lost a lot of tricks sence then, but I have gotten older and had some bad injuries. So now I just put around behind the boat. I would like to use to get some new spins. Do you think it will help?
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       07-28-2005, 3:24 AM Reply   
Yeah, I think so. My roommate and I just bought a trampoline, and for the last week, I've been working on a lot of handle passes... I can feel improvements everyday. I'd give it a try, I think you'll be glad you did.

-Blake
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-28-2005, 5:29 AM Reply   
It will help you greatly. Even just jumping up and down will help you with balance, which is important.

If you want the same "pull" effect that you get behind a boat, use a rope and attach a three foot bungee cord to a five foot section of the line. Be careful that the bungee doesn't pull you off the tramp.
Old     (jmepek)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-28-2005, 8:27 AM Reply   
My kids want to get on our tramp and practice, they are just beginner wakeboarders. IF and when I let them, what kind of things should I have them work on? What should I watch out for?
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-28-2005, 8:39 AM Reply   
wish i had a tramp..really good for working on spins and handle passes. dont have any room to put one
Old    pate            07-28-2005, 8:40 AM Reply   
I have a seven and a four year old. I took an old skateboard deck. What I did was take a pair of their velcro shoes and used slip ties through where the trucks were around the shoes. They now strap it on and jump around getting used to the feeling. I have since tied an old rope to the deck and let them mess around. The seven year old is even doing 360's with a very nice handle pass...
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-28-2005, 8:52 AM Reply   
Ok thanks all. Its off to go get one than. Tuneman, do you have any pics of this.

If you want the same "pull" effect that you get behind a boat, use a rope and attach a three foot bungee cord to a five foot section of the line. Be careful that the bungee doesn't pull you off the tramp.
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-28-2005, 9:57 AM Reply   
Pat-
Glad to hear I'm not the only crazy. Did the same thing for my boys @ 6 and 9, except for a slightly different "binding" for the board. In late June we were at Shasta and put the boys in the school out of Holiday Harbor. For what it's worth, the instructor said good thought but loose the board. He said they would gain more without the board (keep the rope / handle). Didn't make sense to me, but thought I'd pass it along.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-28-2005, 10:05 AM Reply   
steve I used to have a board back in the day. Its good for spins and grabs but for the inverts its very hard to use on the tramp. That prob what he was getting at.
Old    edward            07-28-2005, 10:08 AM Reply   
i've tried with and without a board strapped to my feet and now i just go without the board. the board does slow the spins alittle bit kinda like a wakeboard but without it, it helps just as much if not more. it helps to get your spins on-axis (or off-axis if you want) and gets that muscle memory of the handle pass inplanted in your head. flips it helps to get the feeling of the trick and then behind the boat you just have to get the take off right and you got the trick.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-28-2005, 10:09 AM Reply   
Squid, I don't have pics, but it's pretty simple to make. You just need to re-create the pull with the bungee. So, get a 3 foot or so long bungee cord with the hooks and tie your rope on one end. Then let out about 5 feet or so and tie the other end. This way, the bungee only stretches two feet until the rope is tight. Now jump on the tramp with the bungee fully stretched, and when you jump up, it will pull you forward slightly.

For a board, we used to take some thick styrofoam and cut two holes in it for your ankles. That way your legs are locked in the proper stance, but your feet can still touch the tramp.