Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (jayman)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-07-2008, 3:42 PM Reply   
I found this website www.legittowers.com and saw they had affordable prices for towers. Im not sure if this is a good buy or not, need some feedback. thanks.
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-07-2008, 3:59 PM Reply   
you must like them. its your home page in your profile
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-07-2008, 4:08 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-07-2008, 4:19 PM Reply   
That's pretty lame man
Old     (ridininmd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-07-2008, 5:07 PM Reply   
Ha! what a douche
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-07-2008, 5:13 PM Reply   
....oh boy
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-07-2008, 7:06 PM Reply   
If ya want to toot your own horn, just come out and say it............I have no desire to click the link know, sorry.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-07-2008, 7:30 PM Reply   
My feedback, without going to YOUR website:
Way overpriced, and the product sucks!!

Grow up, and learn how to advertise legitimately
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-07-2008, 7:37 PM Reply   
And the name on your profile matches the name on the contact page of the website. Wow, you must think this community is incredibly stupid!!
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-07-2008, 7:48 PM Reply   
Bahahaha
Old     (tuffenuff)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-07-2008, 8:22 PM Reply   
Wow, 3 posts! Can we find his other 2 ads on this site? I wonder how many this "19" yr. old can produce a year! BUSTED DUDE!!!
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       01-07-2008, 10:12 PM Reply   
Too legit to quit! Yo!

Yea I saw the other posts too. No so bright, is he!
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-07-2008, 11:56 PM Reply   
Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing you can trust that website for honesty and straight dealing.
Old     (jayman)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-08-2008, 12:44 AM Reply   
thats fine all you feel that way, im not gonna lie im trying whatever i can to get my product out there. I dont think any of you know what its like to start your own business, you all try supporting yourselves and your family through an internet business. say what you want, it dont bother me, but i sell quality products at a quality price.
Old     (boardking)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-08-2008, 12:56 AM Reply   
HAHAHAHAH, What a freakin turd. Get a life man, for real. Stop trying to advertise for free on here loser. I will say i did check out the site, prices were fair and products looked alright but your still a freaking d-bag. Get a life man.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-08-2008, 5:10 AM Reply   
lesson learned the tough way Jeremy. You should contact Dave about advertising here legitimately. FYI, i do know what it's like to start an internet biz and so does the owner of this website, which is why he gets po'd when people advertise for free on the forums instead of paying.... hey, i've been guilty a time or two myself. But after significant reamings (jk dave) i have learned my lesson.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-08-2008, 5:27 AM Reply   
Jeremy,

That's a pretty bold statement to tell 23,000 WW users that they don't know what it's like to start a business.............I'm starting my 2nd. First one is going strong and is run by the wife. I'm now taking a hobby and going to the next level.

Sounds like you need to go get a couple of books on how to start/run a small business.

A word of advice, if you need the income of the NEW business to support your family, you don't need to be trying to start a business. Don't expect a start-up business to net the first year, and don't expect to pay yourself a salary either.

Take your talent and knowledge and go work for someone until you are in a financially better position, and have a little more business sense, and then spin off and start your own. Hell, work your way up through a company and buy out the owner when he is ready to retire.

Good luck, really.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-09-2008, 6:38 PM Reply   
Are you kidding???

Everything on your website comes from:

www.diywake.com

Just higher prices.
Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-09-2008, 7:04 PM Reply   

quote:

I found this website www.legittowers.com and saw they had affordable prices for towers. Im not sure if this is a good buy or not, need some feedback. thanks.

quote:

im not gonna lie im trying whatever i can to get my product out there.

You just did? If you would've come on here "hey check out my site I just put together" You might have gotten some positive responses.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-09-2008, 7:13 PM Reply   
Seriously what were you hoping to accomplish with this. Like someone stated you are simply reselling at higher prices from diywake.com
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-09-2008, 7:29 PM Reply   
Word !
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-10-2008, 6:57 AM Reply   
I was looking into a lot of eBay towers that all looked similar and ran across a website for resellers looking to sell DIYWake-style towers. I didn't get any info from them but it looks like all of these similar towers are being manufactured at a single place and resold through all these other sites. I wish I had bookmarked the link. I wonder if we could've engineered a group buy from the manufacturer. Then again, it may be one of those drop-ship situations where these reseller sites are just placing orders with the manufacturer as they get them and don't carry any actual inventory on hand.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-10-2008, 7:16 AM Reply   
That is possible, and it's a great strategy for a low budget tower like that too in my opinion. Why not get a free sales force to go out and push your towers all over the internet?

I think that maybe this is the extreme example, I currently sell samson, New dimensions and fly high (all for a discount i might add), but i've tried to get a dealership to sell towers of a few other brands with my site and have been shot down, which blow my mind. I get about 3-4 inquires a day about towers too!

There reasoning is that either they only want one internet sales outlet (which i personally can't find the logic for) or that they want to sell them online themselves.

but, if someone is willing to give what amounts to free exposure to your product, why would you not take them up on it? (of course, as long as they represent the product in a manner consistent with the companies vision).

I guess maybe these companies don't feel my site could represent their product well... sorry for the rant... is this post even relevant to the topic???? haha.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-11-2008, 6:46 PM Reply   
I believe all of this stuff comes from the old Boss tower shop behind West Coast Correct Craft. Not sure if they are called Hyrdocide, Precision Metal Machine, Raul's, or something else. I also believe some of the manufacture is done in China and some of the assembly is done in Sacramento?

I sourced a dozen or so tower cans/clamps from them when I was assembling tower speakers. To get a group discount they needed 100+ unit order.