Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (chqwakeboarder)      Join Date: May 2006       05-30-2006, 7:40 AM Reply   
How do you like your boat? How is the wake? Is it reliable? How are the employees at Epic helpful? How does the boat perform? How much do they cost?

(Message edited by Chqwakeboarder on May 30, 2006)
Old     (chqwakeboarder)      Join Date: May 2006       05-30-2006, 6:47 PM Reply   
Is Epic Boats even a real company? I need some things cleared up.
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       05-30-2006, 7:08 PM Reply   
Of course it's a real company.
http://epicboats.com/

I believe they're in limited production right now.

-Steve
Old     (cla17)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-31-2006, 1:11 AM Reply   
I don't know how helpful those crazy Epic employees are but I might be able to fill you in. I have been crazy busy lately bringing our 23v to market. We are limited production as of now but we are pushing out a couple a week and should have our new building finished by the end of July and then we can really kick things into gear. We have been getting a great response to the boat and have been taking a lot of rider feedback to make our boats that much better. Things have changed a lot since this WW article: http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=296 The final version of the 23v is darn near complete and we are now laying out the new 23vt and our 21v, both of which will be available towards the end of this season. Anyways, the 23v's basics break out like this: Specs:

Hull length 22’ 9”

Beam 98”

Seating 14 people

Approximate Weight 3,000 lbs.

Fuel Capacity 55 gallons

Standard Equipment:

Volvo 8.1L V8

Hurth 630A V-Drive Transmission

Fiberglass Composite Liner

Dual Rudder "Vector Steer System"

Resin Infused All Composite Construction

"Drop Zone" Wake Enhancing Hull Technology

Lighting: LED Navigational and Interior

5" Faria Instrumentation

Perfect Pass Wakeboard Pro

Stereo System: CD/MP3 Player, 2 Remotes,

6 Speaker Interior, 8 Speaker Transom Audio

Swivel Driver Bucket with Bolster

4,000lbs 3-Tank Ballast System (with Shape Plate)

Heater: Interior with 3 Outlets

Wakeboard Tower with Swivel Board Racks and Mirror

Fiberglass Swim Step

"Tight-Fit" Travel Cover

Options:

Bimini Top

Side Surf Exhaust

I-Pod Dock

Price:

$59,900

Cool Stuff:

4,000lbs 3-Tank Ballast System (with Shape Plate) - Epic is the first to put a ballast system in their boats that actually weighs more than the total weight of their dry boat. This huge ballast gives you the ability to fill up for pro level wakes or run dry for beginner or intermediate riders. You also have the ability to stack one side with ballast for some amazing wake surf. This system works in conjunction with a shape plate that lets you rapidly tweak wake shape while a ride is up and running for infinite adjustability.

"Drop Zone" Wake Enhancing Hull Technology - Besides a HUGE ballast system, every Epic rides on a hull specifically designed for wake sports. Like an airplane wing lifts an aircraft our hull actually drags the boat down into the water and thus displaces more water for a superior wake in both size and shape. This hull provides riders with great wakes through greater displacement and also aids in tracking and handling to give the driver a greater feel of control over the boat for a superior experience for both the rider and driver.

8 Speaker Transom Audio - Epic Boats is the first to offer audio built directly into the transom of their boats. The benefits over traditional tower speakers are loud and clear: these speakers are closer to the rider - they are not as affected by the wind when boat is in motion - more sound is deflected off the water and back to the rider - and most importantly, people in the boat can now talk to each other while the rider enjoys crystal clear, super loud audio while they enjoy a truly Epic ride.

Dual Rudder "Vector Steer System" - This revolutionary and patent pending rudder system fully utilizes prop thrust while traditional rudder systems only utilize half a boat propulsion for handling. These rudders actually vectorize our boats prop thrust much like a Jet Plane vectorizes its jet thrust for maximum maneuverability. With the full utilization of thrust this rudder system gives our boats amazing handling that just has to be seen and felt to believe.

Resin Infused All Composite Construction - This method of fiberglass construction is the same technology that Burt Rutan's Team used in the construction of Space Ship one and their impending Space Vehicles. It gives the boat many times more strength than traditionally constructed boats and more importantly dramatically reduces the overall weight of the boat. Our boats, with an 8.1L engine, weigh only 3000lbs. Compared to other boats in the same size and fitting range weighing in at 4500lbs+. This means a much more nimble boat in the water and big savings at the pump when towing our boats; you can even comfortable tow our boats with a V6 equipped vehicle.

----

Hope this info fills you in. Feel free to e-mail me or post any further questions. It looks like it will be a fun season for us at Epic :-) I just have to figure out how to spend more time on the water and less time in the shop :-)
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-31-2006, 8:11 AM Reply   
Chris, just wanted to let you know your midwest rep Griff Creed is very energetic about this boat and going to long ends to show it off to as many people as possible......Im excited to get my ride in this month.

www.midwestwakeboarder.com
Old     (robie)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-31-2006, 9:23 AM Reply   
Chris,

When will the website be updated? I like the new tower I saw in the magazine adds you guys ran and would like to see more.

Any chance you could post some up-to-date pictures for us?
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-31-2006, 10:33 AM Reply   
How do you patent something that has been in use since about 1910? It has also been used on drag boats, show ski boats (I have a friend who owns one), and other craft. I think it will be a real expensive boondoggle. You may be better off trademarking the term - a lot less expensive.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-31-2006, 10:52 AM Reply   
Karl -
What is a "boondoggle"?