Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-29-2012, 6:02 PM Reply   
I am going to be looking for a new boat over the off season. We currently have a 1997 Pro Am Skier which is a Centurion knock off Fineline made for a few years. The boat is a 21 foot DD with an open bow. After getting back into riding I am to the point where I want more wake. The problem is my wife has had a knee replacement and doesn't want to be crawling around fat sacks in the boat. The boat produces a nice firm clean wake, but needs size. We are very happy with the boat otherwise and I have racked my brain trying to figure out how to weight it. I don't need a bigger boat as we own a cabin on a fairly sheltered lake. Usually only have a driver and spotter plus one or 2 in the boat. What I need is a boat with more storage where I can hide weight. The Pro am doesn't have a locker behind the rear seat like most newer DD's. I am 37 and I'm never going to need the wake insanely huge. Looking for something that is going to throw a solid wake with 1000 lbs or so in it.

Requirements are:
Around $20,000(Have $10,000 cash plus my boat)-no loan
Factory tower and ballast prefer
Fuel injection
Low hours
1997 or newer
Ability to hide weight(locker behind seat, under rear seat or center locker)

Boats I have seen:
1998-2006 DD Moomba Mobius
MC prostar 205 DD
Late 90's early 2000's Supra Launch DD

The wife really likes the V-drives but I don't like the idea of loans on toys. Really hard to find them around 20K unless they are beat or high hours. Only one I have seen was a 1998 Sunsetter VLX with 1500 hours that sold right before we looked at it(dealer). It looked like it had 1500 hours and sold for 17,500.