Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (brucegoose23)      Join Date: Jan 2011       06-09-2012, 3:53 PM Reply   
Anyone going to be in the area June 22-24? I will be at grove marina staying at a houseboat of a friends. I will be bringing my boat, looking to do some boarding. I have only been twice and not real familiar with the lake. Where can I find good water n weekends?
Old     (kystyle)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-11-2012, 7:44 AM Reply   
I keep my boat at Grove and I am on the water most weekends. Go right out of the Grove no wake zone. Follow the main channel until it starts to taper down (about a 5-10 minute boat ride). We will usually ride the area between where the main channel tapers down and the highway 312 bridge. I can't remember the name of this branch of the lake, but if you look at a lake map (they have them at the marina) you'll see where I'm talking about...looks like a river on the map. Typically nice water even on the weekends. Come say hi if you see a white/light blue/gray Nautique 210. If you have any addtional questions feel free to give me a shout - 859.797.7835.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-11-2012, 12:16 PM Reply   
Hey Michael I still am without a boat this year. Scraping up rides when I get a chance, been riding with Ryan G. and Alex H. when I get a chance. Let me know if you ever have room for one more. I am in Somerset so its a short tirp over for me.
Old     (kystyle)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-11-2012, 1:21 PM Reply   
Hey Adam, I'll let you know for sure. Recent trips havn't involved much riding...mostly entertaining the family then a quick session at the end of the day. I'll let you know next time I'm down there with some time to spare.
Old     (brucegoose23)      Join Date: Jan 2011       06-11-2012, 3:28 PM Reply   
Hey thanks a lot. I'll deff. Give you a shout if I see you.. I'm so pumped to be able to get away for a full weekend. Is the direction you are talking about away from holly bay and the dam or towards. If I remember correctly if you go out of grove to the right there is somewhat of a river. Am I correct?
Old     (kystyle)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-11-2012, 8:40 PM Reply   
Yup, away from Holly Bay & the dam. If you pm me your email I'll send you a marked up google map or something showing you where I'm talking about, but I'm sure you can find it. Just look for where hwy 312 crosses the lake and head that direction.