Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (nauti4life)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-16-2009, 3:42 PM Reply   
I was wondering if anyone knew why boat trader charges so much? We list our boats on multiple sites and boat trader is the highest by far. Just wondering?
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-16-2009, 4:40 PM Reply   
Not sure, but it seems folks here really like onlyinboards.com best.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-16-2009, 5:05 PM Reply   
thanks for the plug :-) Boattrader is crazy expensive.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-16-2009, 6:49 PM Reply   
And their search engine blows.

Look up a specific brand, used boats & you get all brands, new & used. I've been looking at toy hauler RVs lately & it's the same there too.

Ian, you ready to create onlyRVs.com or toyhaulersonly.com anytime soon? ;)
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-16-2009, 9:17 PM Reply   
x2 boattrader sucking. All of the trader sites have been taken advantage of by the dealers and I wouldn't be surprised if that makes up for half of their listings. Every time I browse or search I have to go through 10 pages before getting to the listings that have prices.
Old     (chevychris)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-16-2009, 9:57 PM Reply   
I have to agre with craig i hate going to look for a used boat and see all these dealer post with no price. that really dosent help
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-17-2009, 5:37 AM Reply   
Put in a price floor, even just $1. Problem solved.
Old     (knelems)      Join Date: May 2002       03-17-2009, 5:52 AM Reply   
I guess boattrader charges more because they can get by with it since they are the oldest.We have used them for years and each year they have raised their pricing but until they have a major competitor that all the dealers move to I guess they will keep their pricing higher than the rest.Recently they added a video clip that they will automatically add $10.00 a month to the dealer account if you don't call to cancel it.I do like the boattest video they have put on some models.We still feel for our market area and brands we sell it is our best money for advertising.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-17-2009, 6:24 AM Reply   
BT has an advantage on OIB in that they carry a lot of types of boats which generates traffic through a variety of keywords. OIB obviously specializes in inboards and can only generate search traffic through related searches. Which is why OIB will never be able to compete on sheer traffic volume with a site like BT.

However, WRT keywords like: tige boats, used wakeboard boats, ski nautique, used mastercraft boats, used malibu boats, etc etc etc, type them into google and I think you will find that our site has a clear advantage over all of the others. It just takes a while to get that brand recognition :-)
Old     (dansmith)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-17-2009, 6:31 AM Reply   
2594 posts at WakeWorld doesn't hurt either
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-17-2009, 6:41 AM Reply   
Need more Karma Dan, need more Karma.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-17-2009, 7:17 AM Reply   
I can say that I got more traffic on my boat with OIB than I did with BoatTrader. The only thing I got from BoatTrader is a-holes that lived overseas and were looking to scam. With OIBs, I only got people interesting in purchasing a boat and were good references. No damn Nigerian with OIB
Old     (konaking)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-22-2009, 9:23 AM Reply   
OIB rocks