Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-18-2012, 3:56 PM Reply   
I posted it up on centurioncrew as well . . . .

We will have the new 2013 Centurion Enzo FX22 at the store tomorrow and in the water. I can't wait to see what this thing is made of / impressions, reviews, pics should all be up and running tommorow.

The boat is rumored to have the epic Enzo wave on both sides, easy to setup and switch port to goofy, new 2013 Pro Vision Dash, and tons of room/freeboard for a 22 footer ~ Confirmations to follow!

Questions, comments, or specific photos just ask and I will get it . . . . . .
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-18-2012, 8:27 PM Reply   
where are u locateed ,Im almost about to order one and would love to try it out before I buy it ,I ride for centurion..
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-19-2012, 8:22 AM Reply   
Lakeport - we are about to splash it now - I can arrange a demo - give me a call, we've spoken before.
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-19-2012, 8:51 AM Reply   
sick ,what your number..thanks,,
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-19-2012, 12:52 PM Reply   
Well where do I begin other than one word, IMPRESSIVE! Now if the lake could have cooperated - glass at the ramp and completely blown out white capped within 15 minutes -

The 2013 Enzo FX22 is an amazing looking boat in person, and I really was on the fence with it after seeing the factory's initial photos from the shoot in Vegas.

The quality/fit and finish of the new Centurions is at the same level with the "Big 3" (Mali, MCraft, C.C.) and the FX22 follows right in line, the new optional "flip flop" carpet is unique, functional, and great looking. The new dash looks great and the new Pro Vision Touch Screen is extremely user friendly and works very well. The boat we had out was equipped with the Pro Ballast, Front Ballast, Quick Fill Ballast, and the Surf Plug and Play Ballast for a grand total of about 4000 lbs and very easy to use, switch sides, etc. The PCM 343 had no problems with the weight at all running the Acme High Altitude / 537 I believe - and with the new silencer system they're testing the boat truly is quiet, almost no engine/exhaust noise at all!

Since the lake got so rough so quickly we didn't have anytime to see what the wakeboard wake could do loaded, but I snapped a few of the wake with the boat empty with the four of us in it - very clean with nice transitions, and if the new FX is anything like the 230 Enzo the wake with the boat loaded will rival any boat on the water.

Now the Surf Wave . . . . . . Insane . . . . . . Insane without using any additional weight either! I brought a few bags to slam it, but to be honest it didn't need it so we didn't do it. This boat throws a Comp level wave without adding any lead, sacs, etc - we loaded the Port and Goofy side (had the trim tab on the rudder set for goofy) and the wave was equally good on both sides! The photos are with the port side loaded and about half of the starboard pro ballast (probably about 400 lbs on the starboard side) and four of us in the boat.

The batteries died in my POS camera as we were switching to goofy, but both sides are equally as impressive and I should have some more photos of the wakeboard wake with Ricky Gonzales riding behind along with some Goofy wave pics . . . . . More to Follow . . . . .
Attached Images

Old     (superfluous)      Join Date: May 2012       08-03-2012, 5:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by motogod77 View Post
Well where do I begin other than one word, IMPRESSIVE! Now if the lake could have cooperated - glass at the ramp and completely blown out white capped within 15 minutes -
Cool review and boat.

That's the "Clear" lake that I know so well after heading up there for 25 years...
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-19-2012, 12:55 PM Reply   
More . . .
Attached Images

Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-19-2012, 12:57 PM Reply   
More . . . .
Attached Images

Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-19-2012, 1:00 PM Reply   
Now for goods
Attached Images

Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-19-2012, 1:10 PM Reply   
Man if the water conditions would have cooperated . . . . The curl in the drive of the wave starts about 18' back - very nice!
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-19-2012, 1:59 PM Reply   
That stock surf wave is wicked nice!!! No more added ballast, but the wave centurion is known for compared to others.. LOVE IT even more now!! Thanks for the pics I may want one of these now that I've seen that killer STOCK wave

Last edited by Truekaotik; 07-19-2012 at 2:01 PM. Reason: Typos
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-19-2012, 3:32 PM Reply   
love the new design of the vents in back, Centurion has finally listened and we don't have to bring the duct tape!
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-19-2012, 4:05 PM Reply   
That is one strange looking exhaust.
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-19-2012, 5:26 PM Reply   
^^ it's a silencer, he says it's better than a FAE, cause it has no drag...
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-20-2012, 11:19 AM Reply   
cant wait to ride it..
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-20-2012, 11:39 AM Reply   
Nice looking boat! How was the list and freeboard of the FX-22 when weighted for surfing?
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-20-2012, 11:52 AM Reply   
Its a sweet ride . . . It has plenty of freeboard and it lays over nicely. Its not as deep as the two2six, but the Enzo's aren't designed that way and I don't think there is any boat that has the depth, freeboard of the two2six.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-20-2012, 1:02 PM Reply   
I love the look of that wake plate, and that makes sense to me. Very cool.
Old     (slimjim44)      Join Date: Feb 2009       07-20-2012, 2:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragboy View Post
I love the look of that wake plate, and that makes sense to me. Very cool.
Dang it ragboy, stop with your "non-tige" bashing
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-20-2012, 10:14 PM Reply   
D'oh! ;-)

We all have our favorite boats, but I love to see new tech no matter where it comes from, especially for wake surfing.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-21-2012, 5:51 AM Reply   
It is a nice looking wake plate!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-02-2012, 1:45 PM Reply   
is that wake plate stock?? because it looks like it's a addition...
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-02-2012, 4:26 PM Reply   
That exhaust is cool! Love it! Looks like a decent wave too!
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-03-2012, 9:08 AM Reply   
What about goofy side seeing that some Centurions favor one side.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-03-2012, 11:09 AM Reply   
Keenan Flegel behind the FX22 with factory ballast and terrible water conditions
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-03-2012, 2:01 PM Reply   
That guy is good at wakesurfing.
Old     (lksamm)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-03-2012, 2:27 PM Reply   
I was in the boat when Keenan's dad was filming this. It was WAY rough as you can see. SO impressive to watch him ride. Keenan says he prefers to ride in rough water because it helps him focus and concentrate on the tricks.

He really seemed to like the wake. Stock factory ballast plus 5 in the boat including driver.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-03-2012, 3:55 PM Reply   
I love lake sammamish. I need to get out there this weekend while all the wallies are on Lake Washington. 85 degrees and lake sammamish sounds perfect.
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-04-2012, 8:27 AM Reply   
Yep, after looking over the photos I posted they are pretty close to the water conditions that morning. The lake has been great the past few years and growing up living on this lake, I love it - I just need to make more time to enjoy it!

Photos at the ramp = Glass
Leaving the Bouy = Glass
Weight the boat to surf = BUSTED
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-05-2012, 12:23 PM Reply   
hey guys sorry to bring up an old thread. could someone explain all the ballast action that is going on?

OP said "Pro Ballast, Front Ballast, Quick Fill Ballast, and the Surf Plug and Play " what and where are all these ballast bags/tanks? How much is in them? I know he said 4000 lbs, but does anyone know of any more specifics? They cant be all gravity fed, can they?

the website mentions them, but not clearly where they are, how they fill, etc....

thanks
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-05-2012, 12:24 PM Reply   
Any update on that exhaust?
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-05-2012, 3:30 PM Reply   
That wakeboard wake is pretty sad looking...
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-06-2012, 10:44 AM Reply   
I just rode that boat full ballast is 4000.we added 2000 more to make this wake..
Attached Images

Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-06-2012, 10:43 AM Reply   
OK . . . . The ballast in the FX and the 233 are the same . . .

Quick Fill (flood gates) 500 lbs each
Pro Ballast (bags under the port/starboard seats) 525 lbs each
Bow Ballast (bag under the filler cushion in the bow) 850 lbs
P-N-P Ballast (bags in rear compartment on top of Quick Fill) 700 lbs each
72 Gallon Fuel Tank 425 lbs

So without people in a 2013 Centurion FX-22 or SV233 you have 4300 lbs of water weight plus 425 lbs of fuel . . . so a total of 4725 lbs in the boat!!!!! They all fill very quickly and you can empty / fill / adjust everyone independently. It is a sweet setup and you can still retain all of the storage if you choose by pulling the bags, or leaving them empty.

Check out the wave DJ Jamesz and I had the FX throwing the other week . . . http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796254

The hull on the FX is a very special design and Centurion knowing that everybody is going to add weight has deisgned the boat to run with the ballast full, the wakeboard or surf wake needs weight, but the boat is deisgned for it (the rear chine is right at the water's surface when sitting still with 3 peeps and a full tank of fuel). I never got a chance to snap pics of the wakeboard weight with some of the tanks full, but it is very impressive. The boat handles and drives with the ballast systems full like its empty - very well, I couldn't believe how well the boat managed the weight and the standard power EX343 PCM did great too.

The silencer is just that, its a silencer . . . you can't hardly hear the engine while idling and its very quiet while under way.
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-06-2012, 10:45 AM Reply   
HaHaHaHa . . honestly that wasn't planned
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-06-2012, 11:09 AM Reply   
haha,wake is sick..
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-06-2012, 11:21 AM Reply   
perfect info, guys. i think i will buy one!
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-06-2012, 2:27 PM Reply   
Feel free to call me at the store if you have any questions on the FX . . . . 707-263-9000
Old     (Deli)      Join Date: May 2013       05-30-2013, 1:47 AM Reply   
Hello everyone in the forum,
I have just purchased a 2013 Enzo F22 with with Catanium CES 5.7 litres engine and I wanted to know if there is a certain milage or hours of navigation I have to do on low RPMs for the engine to run in...If you have answers (not guesses) please let me know.
Thank you very much in advance.

Surf's Up!!
Old     (kimper)      Join Date: May 2008       05-30-2013, 7:09 AM Reply   
Well as long as you didn't steal the boat you should have an engine manual, and it should describe the recommended break in procedure....
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-30-2013, 9:55 PM Reply   
You shouldn't try and keep low RPMs when breaking an engine in should you? I thought you were suppose to run it through the rpm range without leaving it on a particular rpm for very long. I am not sure I would run it up to WOT within the first few hours but I would still get it up into the 4000rpm range. Like Davis said, check the owner's manual.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-31-2013, 12:07 AM Reply   
You should definitely consult your owners manual, RTFM, no doubt.

Most people agree that varying the RPMS for the first 10 hours is good. A good way to break in, what we have done, is pack a nice picnic and take your family out early and go explore the lake. No towing, since that will require holding a speed, holding an RPM. As you explore, just slowly vary the throttle as you go and enjoy your day on the lake. Do that to get about 10 hours (maybe 2 days on the lake) and then start wakesurfing! Towing a tube around can be fine for breaking in, since you can vary the throttle/rpm.

The above is much easier if you have a huge lake like we do. If you have a small lake or mud hole, might not be as much fun to drive in circles. ;-)

Again, make sure you check your manual for any specific recommendations, and if the advice in the manual contradicts anything I just said, do what the manual says.
Old     (CarZin)      Join Date: Feb 2011       05-31-2013, 1:55 PM Reply   
"Hello everyone in the forum,
I have just purchased a 2013 Enzo F22 with with Catanium CES 5.7 litres engine and I wanted to know if there is a certain milage or hours of navigation I have to do on low RPMs for the engine to run in...If you have answers (not guesses) please let me know.
Thank you very much in advance.

Surf's Up!! "

Clearly defined in your PCM engine manual. Wake surfing can pretty much be done from hour 1. You'll need to do a few WOT runs through hour 5. But consult the manual. Clear as day.