Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (epicwinnipeg)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-14-2010, 4:36 PM Reply   
I drove down to st. vital park today to take a look at how the river is looking and to my surprise found it pretty open under the bishop grandin bridge and up to about the boat launch. Looking at the 7 day forecast I can't help but think dropping in next weekend is a possibility. Can't wait to try out the new npx lucifer drysuit and the new epic! It seems like a good level this spring as well as it is a little lower than average so it wont be carrying in a bunch of shrapnel off the banks. Anyone else remotely close to pulling the boat out of storage? or have a drysuit/wetsuit and would be interested in coming out?
Attached Images

Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-15-2010, 7:54 AM Reply   
How I don't miss riding on the dirty red. Well on the water of course. I was always riding with some good friends. We usually launched at St. Vital and worked our way south and then back. I don't live in the area anymore otherwise I'd be into that.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-15-2010, 8:18 AM Reply   
hey pal.. no offense.. buttt

You are Nucking Futz!

That sure sure looks like winter.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-15-2010, 10:34 AM Reply   
Thought about pulling the boat out while I was up at our summer house ( Nicola Lake, Merritt) this weekend for spin but didn't in the end due to the wind and the fact that there was still ice on parts of the lake. Would have been a little chilly to say the least. Can't wait to get on the water though.
Old     (trash)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-15-2010, 10:43 AM Reply   
Uh, I cross that bridge by St. Vital park every day. You know that's not open water but standing water over the ice right? Relax for another month or two. You need to wait until all the ice is gone, the driftwood, picnic tables, dead bodies and cow carcasses have moved on.

Trash

P.S Hit me up if you need a third. I'm always out in my boat on the Red in the summer.
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-15-2010, 5:51 PM Reply   
I'm super amped to ride this season. I would love to get a shred behind your Epic. Did you pick it up in Sask? If it cools off again and you've got water in the pipes...ouch.
Just be patient...go winching.
Old     (mbsteez)      Join Date: May 2005       03-16-2010, 9:50 AM Reply   
dude you so crazy...

heard the flood forecast on the radio on the way to work, they're calling for 3 ft under last years levels. North Dakota has a ton of snow and its all gonna come up here once it melts.
Old     (epicwinnipeg)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-18-2010, 12:16 PM Reply   
trash,

i was wondering if that might be the case and the ice is just submerged...just getting eager to get out with the new boat!

lives2wake,

got the boat out of edmonton from some guys that have a semi-formal relationship with epic. informal enough that it was not a dealer sale though so i dodged a good amount of tax.

cold water in the pipes...i need to look into this further as the manual is quite vague but with the closed cooling system i believe i can drain any problem water from the system with an included hand pump after cold weather operation

mbsteez,

that's a horrible forecast to repeat! just got back last night from minneapolis though and there are definitely some wet fields/ditches off the i29...
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-19-2010, 6:17 PM Reply   
Ian, I'm not the best source to take the information from but having an inboard boat and having done winterization 3-4 times...you want drain then flood the entire interal cooling system with enviro friendly RV pipe antifreeze.
I'm just saying I would be carefull, especially owning a new Epic and wanting to give guys like me a pull this summer.
Old     (epicwinnipeg)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-09-2010, 6:59 AM Reply   
so march didn't happen but tonight is the night should all go to plan!
Old     (epicwinnipeg)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-10-2010, 8:04 AM Reply   
went well! water 46 air 56...going again on sunday. didn't run ballast for fear of freezing pumps but with 500lbs of sand and 5 people it was fine and will be for the first few sets. Still kills the glastron we were riding last year!