Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Other Water Sports

Old                08-11-2003, 7:47 PM Reply   
Who else does it??
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-13-2003, 2:22 PM Reply   
I surfed Garbonzo in the Abaco's last week.
Old                08-30-2003, 12:45 AM Reply   
i went to san Diego and Santa Cruz surfing this summer...and everywhere in between. it was awesome
Old                09-24-2003, 9:57 AM Reply   
no, but I would really like to try it, I'm 2 1/2 hours from the TX coast, so it wouldn't be a problem getting down there - if anyone knows where I could get my hands on a cheap board, for about 2ft or 3ft waves (tops) let me know!
Old                02-22-2004, 7:17 PM Reply   
Surfed down in southern ca this past week... not too shabby with the storms rollin in. Had some pretty nice swells. Overall kick ass weekend!
Old                09-25-2004, 9:47 PM Reply   
I have surfed down in Cardiff and Oceanside
I have surfed Malibu and a few other SoCal spots
Would liek to head out to Hawaii and Indo for some surfing!

FLA is going off large this past week, I surfed in Daytona last spring, funny now they dont expect those hotels to be open for months.
Old                03-04-2005, 10:56 PM Reply   
Hawaii is a big step! Are you ready? When you get back it well seem easy here.
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-05-2005, 7:24 AM Reply   
ok guys I need some help!!! I want to buy my son a surf board. I live in california and he lives in maine what kind of boards do they ride out their
Old     (wcr)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-21-2005, 2:38 PM Reply   
Aloha ,
from Maui,Honaluoa Bay 12-17-05

Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-04-2006, 8:58 AM Reply   
Aloha. You're stoked!
Old                06-02-2006, 8:59 AM Reply   
yeah i surf at carolina beach NC at a spot called poopipe
http://www.eastcoastsurf.com/surfTalk/viewtopic.php?t=9984
Old                06-02-2006, 9:00 AM Reply   
that break is sick
rick
Old     (sdmarty)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-22-2006, 1:13 PM Reply   
Rick, did you surf this day? Ahh man! This day the swell direction is just right and all sections are connecting!!! I have been here but is was small and we were free diving... A very nice pic for sure!

peace
Old     (txnx)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-11-2006, 11:25 AM Reply   
used to surf everyday it was up, winter, hurricane whatever, now I got a boat and haven't been on my board in the gulf since last nov. Galveston surf is to fickle and I'm too "picky"(read: complainer, lol).
Old     (bda10889)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-25-2006, 1:51 PM Reply   
If any one is in Huntington this week... and are going to see the US Open... stop by the SkullCandy booth and say what up to my boy Jay. He will be there all week. Support the team.. there products are RAD too..... besides he is on the boards here.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-26-2006, 12:03 PM Reply   
rick, is that a left or a right?
Old                10-17-2006, 8:55 PM Reply   
right
Old     (goatroper222000)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-08-2007, 4:02 PM Reply   
any one know anything about a board i just got.
Its got a clark foam decal on toward the tail, clark foam is pretty good from what i hear, and toward the nose it says "Go Surf" about three times. any info is appreciated. thanx.
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-02-2007, 4:03 PM Reply   
I have been surfing all my life... I surf a lot more than I wakeboard
Old     (livigno)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-08-2007, 11:39 AM Reply   
Surfing rules! I've been to the Atlantic coast of France (at least 7 times), Canary Islands, Southern California, Mexico (K74) and Costa Rica so far. Will for sure return to CR next year and I also want to go to France again. I mean I love wakeboarding and I'm super stoked on heading out in the morning, for hours of butter, learning new tricks, having fun, wakesurfing when it's blown out in the afternoon and going for an evening butter session again, that's so sweet. But there's just nothing that compares to surfing. Places like Witch's Rock in Costa Rica are just magic, it's awesome. There's nothing like catching a good wave there, seeing dolphins and turtles in the water close to you...
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-22-2008, 4:31 PM Reply   
Surf, wakeboard, skurfed a few times. Anything that involves riding a board pretty much I love it.

I haven't been surfing in ages, want to get out this Summer but I gotta get good at paddling again. Been out of the sport too long after I had my shoulder put back together...
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-13-2008, 4:32 PM Reply   
Been out the last couple of weekends while the boat is broken down. Even paddled into a few waves for the first time in like 5 years. I can see myself getting real keen on surfing again. Wakeboard on the good days, surf on the windy days. It's rad having world class surf at Piha half an hour away on the West coast and tamer breaks less than an hour away on a number of East coast beaches.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       12-04-2008, 5:14 PM Reply   
I do not have my boat anymore so i think i am going to try surfing out
Old     (deltagrubber)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-09-2009, 1:25 PM Reply   
Josh - It may be a board that Jeff Clark shaped out of Mavericks boardshop, Pillar point Half Moon Bay, Calif. Google his website to see. Have fun!!
Old     (deltagrubber)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-09-2009, 1:31 PM Reply   
Rick - Great shot of the main break. i forget the names of all those breaks going off as they roll into the bay. On a good day the same swell will break up to 6 times as it rolls in, and each one has it's own name. Have you heard of this? You can see the second break just starting in the bottom of your pic!
I've snorkled the bay and the currents just inside the bay are incredibly strong! You can get tossed around big time on a fall in that surf zone!
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-25-2009, 9:46 AM Reply   
Fred nailed it for most of Texas' upper coast. I surfed almost daily when I lived in Galveston, even though most of it was slop/wind swell. There are some good spots if you know the area though. The only time Galveston is really worth the trip is winter or hurricane's when we get some ground swell.

Gorda is a usually a good spot and a quick drive from Houston. And Padre is hard to beat when its going off
Old     (shredsickgnar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-04-2010, 1:53 PM Reply   
I surf in washington state! I try to surf a couple times a month. My knees are going out from wakeboarding so surfing is my new thing during the summer, and winter I guess too. Gets real cold up here. Its soooo much more fun than wakeboarding!!
Old     (sarah_wake)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-08-2010, 12:48 AM Reply   
Texas doesn't have waves unless a hurricane is about to hit, or you go down to Bob Hall Pier.