Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (drknute3)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-30-2009, 3:40 PM Reply   
I really like the wake on my boat, but would like to make it a little less vertical. Do you guys think it needs more weight up front or in the rear? What is the general rule of thumb here?
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       06-30-2009, 3:43 PM Reply   
A boat should be 60% in the rear 40% in the front for a nice lippy wake so if you swing that around 40% in the rear 60% in the front you will have a nice rampy wake
Old     (drknute3)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-30-2009, 3:45 PM Reply   
Should mention the boat is an I/O which likes more weight up front. Right now I am running about 1100 up front and 600 in the rear.
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       06-30-2009, 3:58 PM Reply   
Trim taps? play around with them if not invest in a wakeboard boat!
Old     (drknute3)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-30-2009, 4:13 PM Reply   
Would like to but the Cobalt is here to stay, so added a ballast system and getting tower and PP next. Wake is good (for me) but would like to make it a little less vertical and wondering what the general rule of thumb is before I go out next. I have tabs that I use when not riding but the tabs wash out the wake pretty bad if i have them down when riding. Any thoughts?
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-30-2009, 9:42 PM Reply   
Are you trimming your drive up? If so maybe leave it all the way down and bump the speed up a little to get the wake clean.

(Message edited by jtnz on June 30, 2009)