Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (BMitchell83)      Join Date: Aug 2012       10-11-2012, 7:22 AM Reply   
always invited me out to shred with him?

So I just started wakeboarding a couple years ago and was fortunate to become friends with this really awesome guy that always invited me out on his kick ass boat. It's a 2005 X-Star and was wondering if you guys had any insight on some cool gift/ideas that would show my appreciation. And yeah, I always chip in for gas so don't just say money Thanks WW!
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       10-11-2012, 8:21 AM Reply   
Gallon of babes boat bright or Hot sauce
Old     (bzubke1)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-11-2012, 8:27 AM Reply   
Either boat cleaning supplies or if you can think of something that maybe you needed throughout the summer that he didn't have or was getting worn out. Possibly a new rope or handle, maybe some new fenders or buoy balls.
Old     (tranner)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-11-2012, 9:01 AM Reply   
How much are you looking to spend on this gift? Assuming $40 to $50 is your range, I would be stoked if somone gave me a gallon of Hot Sauce.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-11-2012, 9:01 AM Reply   
^^ What he said. Anything in his boat that you think could be upgraded or replaced. Additional life jackets, wetsuits, wakemakers gift card, cleaning supplies etc.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-11-2012, 2:37 PM Reply   
or you could pay to have his boat detailed, or you can detail the boat for him.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-11-2012, 4:26 PM Reply   
Gas card
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       10-11-2012, 5:16 PM Reply   
How bout a leadwake ballast bag? Or a set of boat buddy transom tiedowns?
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-11-2012, 9:52 PM Reply   
Check his fire extinguisher and see if its still good. If its bad replace it for him. They're always over looked until they get pulled over. I always did a babes boat care kit for my Buddys. Another good idea is a gallon of 303 interior sealer/ protectant, that stuff is money! Actually come to think of it i need to buy some...
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-11-2012, 9:59 PM Reply   
babes would be good.... or the babes boat kit. and a six pack of something nice. or some hot sauce, i here that stuff works awesome. Something like that definitely would be a good way to go!
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       10-12-2012, 5:35 AM Reply   
Upgrade his mirror to a PCM Edge
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       10-12-2012, 6:39 AM Reply   
Boat cleaner is nice and all, but I keep myself pretty well stocked. If someone gave me cleaner i'd just toss it in the closet with the other dozens of bottles.. What I would love would be for someone with a power buffer or the know how to show up and take out 3-5 of the small scuffs in my gelcoat that elbow grease and wax can't get rid of. That would be an awesome gift. The scuffs are too small to justify hauling the boat to a dealer to fix, but they irk me every time I wipe down the boat.

another idea is a tower mount + rider down flag.
Old     (willyt)      Join Date: May 2010       10-12-2012, 7:03 AM Reply   
go to a mastercraft dealership and get him 2 of the little window mastercraft shield decals, something small and they might even give them to you for free. a gallon of babes/hot sauce/303 is also a good idea. if he's normally stocked with them you could also get him a mastercraft towel. I had another owner give me one, i use the thing alllll the time
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-12-2012, 10:04 AM Reply   
Sorry, decals would not do much for me at least.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-12-2012, 10:24 AM Reply   
Boat bling cleaning products!!! Nothing better then a shinning boat from your buddie... Good work on ya!
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-12-2012, 11:30 AM Reply   
Cleaning products, good beer/wine, pay for a full boat detail (can be like 500$+, not sure how much you love your buddy), upgrade mirror/HU, does he need stereo gear/stuff?, pay to have any damaged vinyl re-done, get him some MC gear, a price range would help.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-12-2012, 11:13 PM Reply   
As a boat owner I would say there's a reason you keep getting invited. You must offer something that is valuable or you wouldn't be getting invited. You're probably a good person who is conscientious already and you don't need to do much. At this point you are probably better off doing something that contributes in a way that saves him time with maintenance. Be someone he can count on when it comes time to clean and wax etc. My .02