Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-12-2011, 1:26 AM Reply   
Just a shout out to all you guys I ran into at the boat show tonight. Was fantastic to see all the big booths with so many tow boat brands represented. The AWS booth was gigantic and must have had 12-15 boats on display.

The Mastercraft tower at PSB booth was pretty cool to see as well. So much machine work in that it makes my head hurt to think about building it.

I have to say, the colbalts really looked nice too. The build quality is wow.

Potty the Nautiques didn't show up. I'd have liked to see the 2011's

And most of all I was humbled after seeing that. 80% of the boats had our speakers displayed on them... Wow I was stoke!

Having some time to talk with the local dealers they seem pretty up beat, about this season. Then again, how could it be worse than last year, right? Pretty positive bunch Id say.

-Brian
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-12-2011, 1:48 AM Reply   
Lol damn iPad did it again to me. ....Bait...oh boy!
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-12-2011, 5:16 AM Reply   
I will be attending the show this weekend hope to see you there
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-12-2011, 10:52 AM Reply   
That is the second year in a row that Nautique hasn't shown up to the Portland Boat Show. The local dealer is lame. It's no wonder you rarely see Nautique on the water here. They are great boats, but without a strong local dealer who's near the water and involved in the local scene. Sad. But it just goes to show how important the local dealers are to a boats reputation in a given region.

I'll be at the show Saturday... can't hardly wait.
Old     (priszkid)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-12-2011, 2:14 PM Reply   
man...where are the pics??? i'm in tennessee this year, and will prob miss it (first time in 7 years!) dang. i'm hopin to make it up sunday, if all my flights clear...keep the posts coming! btw- is the a20 there?
Old     (bawshogg)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-12-2011, 2:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by priszkid View Post
man...where are the pics??? i'm in tennessee this year, and will prob miss it (first time in 7 years!) dang. i'm hopin to make it up sunday, if all my flights clear...keep the posts coming! btw- is the a20 there?
There is an A20 at the AWS booth. Blue and black lil guy.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-12-2011, 6:06 PM Reply   
Good time for sure, glad I went.
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       01-12-2011, 6:55 PM Reply   
Yea it was. Good to meet you nubu. Still owe you beer.
Great to see exile products doing so well at the show.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-12-2011, 6:59 PM Reply   
Just heard north west boat center is the new centurion dealer and will be at the show with some new 2011's. cant wait to see them so glad Clemens is out of the picture
Old     (fhu667)      Join Date: Oct 2004       01-12-2011, 8:43 PM Reply   
Not to hijack the thread, but I can't help but laugh at the autocorrect. I always get a good laugh when I go to http://damnyouautocorrect.com/
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-12-2011, 8:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by newty View Post
Yea it was. Good to meet you nubu. Still owe you beer.
Great to see exile products doing so well at the show.
No worries Newt, I'll collect when you come up to Banks.
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       01-13-2011, 6:59 AM Reply   
http://damnyouautocorrect.com/
I'm in tears from reading some of those! Thanks Frank.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-13-2011, 7:35 AM Reply   
^^ I'm crying laughing at some of this ****
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-13-2011, 12:55 PM Reply   
Oh wow - that link is funny. I actually went back to change my blunders but it wouldn't let me... Heh!

Re: centurion , Nw boats seemed like they just got the line and was learning about all the enzos details. They did have two of them on display. Friendly guys.

Re: Nautique, yes I agree. I wanted to see these boats. And your right, you don't see many of them anywhere around here. My guess is they'll be present up at the settle show in a few weeks.

Newty nice to run into you at the show. I just might have to take another stroll thru this weekend and bring the twins. Every time little Levi sees a malibu, his eyes bug out and he goes screaming toward it. Noah on the other hand is partial to master craft. Crazy for 3 year olds. What's a dad to do!

-Brian
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-13-2011, 1:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianinpdx View Post
Oh wow - that link is funny. I actually went back to change my blunders but it wouldn't let me... Heh!

Re: centurion , Nw boats seemed like they just got the line and was learning about all the enzos details. They did have two of them on display. Friendly guys.

Re: Nautique, yes I agree. I wanted to see these boats. And your right, you don't see many of them anywhere around here. My guess is they'll be present up at the settle show in a few weeks.

Newty nice to run into you at the show. I just might have to take another stroll thru this weekend and bring the twins. Every time little Levi sees a malibu, his eyes bug out and he goes screaming toward it. Noah on the other hand is partial to master craft. Crazy for 3 year olds. What's a dad to do!

-Brian
You could always buy one of each...
Old     (gtoaws)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-13-2011, 8:40 PM Reply   
It was great to see everyone so far this week, and I hope to see more of you this weekend!
Attached Images

Old     (gtoaws)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-13-2011, 8:41 PM Reply   
We actually have 21 boats here at the show.
Old     (apwrx)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-13-2011, 8:55 PM Reply   
Holy Crap thats a huge display! My son and I will be swingin by Saturday morn.cant wait!!
Old     (bawshogg)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-13-2011, 10:02 PM Reply   
It was a good time. I'll definetly have to agree with ya, the Centurion guys are definetly new. I had fun with the factory rep though! Not sure if he liked me or not???? Tige' had some interesting stuff and an even more interesting dealer rep. Nice setup Gerry and th AWS players. My favorite, but I am a bit privey. If anyone wants to know the code to start up the Malibu's hit me up.
Old     (apwrx)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-15-2011, 5:38 PM Reply   
Had a great time at the show.Really liking Samsons new tower that was on the red & white Mastercraft. Looks good and collapses super easy good job guys. If you hit the show check it out.Wish i had my camera. My 7yr old turned the little wooden sail boats you can build there into a wakeboat chopped the mast up for a tower etc. a couple kids asked him how and started doing the same.Awesome
Old     (priszkid)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-16-2011, 2:25 PM Reply   
gerry- thanks for the pics- the booth looks sweet as always. nice job!
Old     (apwrx)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-16-2011, 2:41 PM Reply   
The tower I was talking about.Very nice
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       01-17-2011, 9:50 AM Reply   
That Samson tower looked awesome on the maristar. It was the best tower in the MasterCraft booth. The new automatic MasterCraft Power Tower looks like it costs a lot. I wonder how much money MasterCraft loses on each sale. Mark from Portland Ski Boat Center demoed the tower for us and it was so painfully slow. It would have been easier to walk over and fold a tower down. What does everyone else think about the "Power Tower"? I am not sold yet.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-17-2011, 10:28 AM Reply   
Power tower - geigh! I bet Lon will have one

It just adds a whole other host of problems not needed when on the water.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       01-17-2011, 9:38 PM Reply   
What could go wrong? Maybe your battery is dead because you were showing people how the tower goes up and down in the parking lot? Tower gets stuck on low mode so you are forced to ride with the lowest tow point on the water even though you are rocking a 2011 MasterCraft X-Star? I don't know maybe there is a manual override.