Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (boofer)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-25-2005, 9:43 PM Reply   
We are the family you love to hate. We bought a 2005 Mastercraft X-2 at the end of last year and none of us had ever wakeboarded. We would go skiing on our old boat any chance we could. We wanted a better made boat. We decided to buy quality. But, instead of buying a pure ski boat we decided to go for a wakeboard boat because I knew it was only a matter of time before we would want to wakeboard. Well, I came across a deal too good to pass up (another story entirely). I did hours of reasearch on wakeboards and bindings and finally bought one for the wife and I and one for my 8 year old daughter. Today was our first attempt.

I strapped on the board first. It took me 3 tries to get up. The power push took some tweaking. Having been an avid skateboarder in my yesteryears, I was able to ride farely well once up.

My wife went next and was up on her first try (due to my expert driving abilities, lol). Although she could not stay up longer than a minute or so, she was getting up right off the bat.

Now, my 8 year old daughter. She has gotten up on training skis with the bar on them and can ride for a long time. She has never been able to get up without the bar yet. So, we strapped her in to her board and she was up and riding for 30 seconds or so on her first try. She was flabbergasted just like her mom and dad. Each and every time after that she was up on the first go and managed to ride for around a minute. Putzing around on daddy's skateboard has paid off.

I am so proud of my wife and my daughter. I am also happy that the $$$ we paid is going to be worth every cent. We cannot wait to get out again. It is not often that we are have to come in because the sun is setting.

I know that we are "newbies," but I wanted to put in writing how proud I am of my family. Our 3 year old son, who does not know how to swim yet, was wanting to try; maybe next year.

Take Care!!!