Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-17-2009, 1:30 AM Reply   
Another chance to pick up the Dakine camera backpack at backcountryoutlet.com if you missed the sale last time.

Use this code to get 50% off the retail price on any gear on the site: 4E2-1-QMDMQ (applies ONLY to the outlet store!)

If you apply this code to just the backpack and opt for the free shipping then you're getting the Sequence for under $80!

Upload

For an extra $60 you can apply my Pelican 1510 Divider hack (http://www.all-pelican-cases-4-less.com/detail_pelican_dividersetp.html) and pack a ton of gear in this bag!!!

Upload
Upload

Word!
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-17-2009, 4:18 PM Reply   
dang!! backcountry rocks.. I ordered this bag last night at 1:30 am and received notification that it shipped around 10 am this morning. The bag will be here on weds. whooop whooop!
Old     (russian)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-17-2009, 7:48 PM Reply   
thanks Dave, Ive been wanting this bag and now I have a reason to order
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-17-2009, 8:51 PM Reply   
How long is the code good for?
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-17-2009, 9:12 PM Reply   
Hi Chris - Anytime! Glad to see that someone can make use of it. ;-)

TXSurf - is that a trick question?

Here's the direct link: http://www.backcountryoutlet.com/outlet/DAK0781/DAKINE-Sequence-Backpack-w-Camera-Block-2000cu-in.html
Old     (russian)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-18-2009, 1:50 PM Reply   
Ordered! I've been eying this bag since Scott his a few years ago. Now just have to wait for shipping...
Thanks again Dave!
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-18-2009, 4:18 PM Reply   
Hey Dave, do you think it will hold a 17 in laptop? Im about to get this thing. My pack is humungous and walking through crowds or planes or well anything is pretty cumbersome.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-18-2009, 5:53 PM Reply   
Chris - sweet! Anytime and for $80 you can't go wrong.

Hi Travis - There is no way a 17" laptop will fit in the outside pocket. My 14" thinkpad barely fits and even then you have to be super careful since the outside pocket is NOT padded.

If you keep the stock dakine ICU (camera case) then you might be able to fit your laptop inside the bag either on top or behind the ICU unit. It might work, but use caution since this bag was not designed to carry a latop.. I just made it work for my gear.

Assuming you're trying to carry your HVX200 (or similar) then you will need to go with my Pelican 1510 divider hack.. in which case there will be *NO* room in main storage area to store a laptop.

If you want something relatively low-pro then you might want to check out the F-stop bags. This was one of the bags I was considering, but expect to pay anywhere from 2.5 - 3 times the price of this deal.

If I need to carry a larger laptop then I use something like this: http://www.backcountryoutlet.com/outlet/SHP0052/Sherpani-Laptop-Sleeve-Large.html#
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-18-2009, 9:55 PM Reply   
how do you like the Brevis? I've been looking around and have been leaning to the letus but I like how compact the brevis. It's static, right?
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-19-2009, 5:13 PM Reply   
Hi Brinks. It's a great adapter and NO it's *NOT* static. It actually has vibrating glass and everything is consolidated in the package you see there. On one charge you can run it for 8+ hours.

Check out the intro to Global WarNing (both the outdoor and staged shots) to see the quality of the video it can produce. To film we primarily used the Nikon 85 f1.4 as well as the Nikon 50mm. Of course we had help with the 35mm adapter Wizard Ryan Taylor, so I'm sure he can drop his $0.2 of how this compares to other adapters.

I like it for the simple fact that it's super compact and light, so you can use it without rails (up to a limit) and overall very easy to setup.

I have the NONE flip version, but for an extra $400 or so you can buy the flip module which just screws on to this adapter. Very easy and modular!
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-19-2009, 8:02 PM Reply   
Thanks Dave. I'll have to look at those a little more then. Have you shot with anything else? I have shot with the both the Letus extreme and the M2 by Redrock. Both nice but like I said, Bulky
Sorry for the Hi-Jack guys
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-20-2009, 9:37 AM Reply   
I guess i will stick with my bag then. Thanks for the info bud.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-21-2009, 5:31 PM Reply   
Just got my bag today and it's the newer version. I think I have the 2008 model vs. 2009(?)

It has the larger ICU unit for your camera gear and a larger front pocket (still no padding for a laptop), but definitely more room than it's predecessor. Plus is has more pockets and a hidden rain cover. Pretty cool..

I ordered another one and it looks like there are only two left!

Taking some pics to post now.
Old     (russian)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-21-2009, 7:04 PM Reply   
mine is expected to arrive tomorrow...wow, i ordered it on sat. not bad for free shipping. Also, I'm stoked to hear it has a rain cover
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-22-2009, 1:20 AM Reply   
Got a little carried away with the speedlights..

Upload

Some stock photos:

Upload

Upload

Upload
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-22-2009, 9:28 AM Reply   
That thing is sweet, i actually found a new bag for my gear! I can fit my HVX and my POV Cams with accessories. I will take pics to show you later.....
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-22-2009, 9:52 AM Reply   
Sorry Kung Fu,total brain fart on my end!
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-22-2009, 11:27 AM Reply   
Kung Fu, Thanks for the tip on this!!

Mine arrived yesterday... I was hesitant about pulling the trigger without seeing this first, but... this bag is SWEET and even those awesome pics don't do its size, quality, and variety of compartments and attachment straps justice...
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-22-2009, 11:42 AM Reply   
Glad to see that a few of you benefited from this. ALL the bags are GONE!

Travis - Post 'em up! Which bag did you get?

Cal - Cool! Yeah the first set of pics I posted was for the 2008 model. I didn't even realize that the deal was for the 2009 backpack. Not sure if it was a blunder on backcountry's part or not, but they had the bag listed on their "regular" and "outlet" sites. Short of the long.. $80 for this bag is a killer DEAL!
Old     (russian)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-22-2009, 8:09 PM Reply   
got my bag! shipped mon arrive wed, crazy considering I picked the 7-14 day free shipping option....
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-30-2009, 8:39 AM Reply   
crap i missed this
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-05-2009, 2:10 PM Reply   
I am SUCH a lagger and im sorry. X-Games was a little crazy.

Here is a link to some quick pics i took of the bag. It worked out so well. Im stoked, didnt get as sweet as a deal as you though.

http://gallery.me.com/tvaltierra#100362