Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (corbin)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-03-2010, 5:00 PM Reply   
I notice in Wakeboarding Mag that there are a lot of pictures with one guy driving and one guy riding... aren't we supposed to have three so that one can flag? I would love to go out with just two but I don't think it's legal. At least not in CA.
Old     (daxxruckus)      Join Date: May 2008       03-03-2010, 5:13 PM Reply   
They are prob riding on private water. In CA any public waterway requires a driver and spotter if someone is riding. Belive me, its and expensive ticket!
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       03-03-2010, 5:16 PM Reply   
Depends on the state. In Ky there only has to be one person in the boat as long as you have a mirror. I don't believe it is law to have a rider down flag here at all.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-03-2010, 5:50 PM Reply   
same goes for VA, one in the boat with a mirror. Actually, I'm not even sure if that's necessary, because I've never been pulled over. As long as the rider has a CGA vest on, it's legal in VA for there to be only the rider and the driver.
Old     (mcb611)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-03-2010, 5:55 PM Reply   
check with your state regulations, ky only needs a spoter but if you have a mirror that you only need the driver
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-03-2010, 6:27 PM Reply   
Wisco is two in the boat, one behind - rider does not need a CGA life jacket on, just one for them must be in the boat
Florida is (least I think) just the driver and a mirror that is CPA
Old     (rclester89)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-03-2010, 6:36 PM Reply   
Just one in the boat for us Texas folk
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-03-2010, 6:40 PM Reply   
In Alabama you need a spotter if you don't have a mirror. We ride with just two sometimes during the week when nobody else is out or for an early morning sesh. It is very rare though. We usually have at least three.
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-03-2010, 6:52 PM Reply   
In GA, Driver + someone else in boat if you do not have a mirror. If you have mirror, you can have just driver.
Old     (nickhess)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-03-2010, 6:53 PM Reply   
In Michigan my uncle got a fat ticket for pulling my cousin without a spotter
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-03-2010, 6:56 PM Reply   
In Tn as long as you have a mirror you dont need a second person in the boat. Another interesting fact is as long as you have a CGA vest on board, the rider is able to wear non-cga without a second person on board. I just thought it was kinda odd, but TVA officer pointed it out to me in the manuals that it was legal...
Old     (hughes144)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-03-2010, 7:01 PM Reply   
I do ride with just 2 people a lot because we either couldn't find a third or we just want more riding time . But we do prefer to have third. (Texas)
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-03-2010, 7:19 PM Reply   
We've do it sometimes on some EARLY EARLY morning runs when the river's empty... and we definitely have a mirror. Not saying it's the right/legal way to do it though.