Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-08-2009, 9:28 PM Reply   
So i ride an 09 transcend 142...well i just snapped that so im back on my 08 transcend 142. But im getting my 09 warrantied so no worries on that. But I rode my buddies 140 marius platty (09) and i liked the looseness of it but I just dont like the continuous rocker pop. I love the pop of the transcend, I like the transcend board, but im wondering about the pure which also has a 3 stage. So I was wondering if any of you have ridden the 08/09 pure shape before and what you felt the board rode like?

P.S.- Im stickin to CWB so no hijackers on this one!!!!!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       09-09-2009, 8:47 AM Reply   
I would check out an Absolute, the 09 is a sick shape and holds up really well.

Its rides loose and has big 3 stage pop.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-09-2009, 12:08 PM Reply   
It rides well, I definitely prefer the Transcend. You should check the new 2010 Faction, that board is off the hook! Best of all worlds.
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-09-2009, 1:59 PM Reply   
Codi,
The '10 Faction is great!!! Almost all of our crew rides the Transend and almost all of us are switching to the Faction. Its fast, lose when you want it to be but has a great edge up the wake. CWB hit the nail on the head this year. Also look at the new faction boots when you get a chance all I can say is SICK!!! and super light!!!
I can't wit to get my '10 set up
Old     (tan)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-09-2009, 8:32 PM Reply   
The pure is one of cwb best shapes. I rode the transcend for the longest time then got on a pure and wow. The board pops hard is loose and lands soft. Def worth trying it out.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-09-2009, 9:07 PM Reply   
Did you get a replacement for this weekend Tanner.

Or you going to ride my Marius?
Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-09-2009, 10:15 PM Reply   
Al- Ya shon told me that basically all you guys will be ridin the faction next year. He brought it in after the oroville weekend and the board is so sick! I love the shape and everything, I just wish they'd have somethin between a 144 and 138 cause i ride the 142 transcend and i def think a 44 board would be way too big for me. Im so fn stoked for all the bingings to come out too! All 4 closed toe are so sick! Idk if ill want the AA's or Marius, i wish the laces went a lil higher on the faction otherwise i rep that like my bindings tall and tight. God, with c-dubs new line up, im just all twisted up not knowing what to ride! lol. I just rode the pure today and really liked it...i havent made a decision yet...we'll see what happens.

Tanner- Thanks for the input, the pop is really nice on that thing!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-10-2009, 11:14 AM Reply   
Codi, just remember that the actual difference between a 142 and a 144 is less than an inch. Obviously the overall profile is a little larger on the Faction. I'd say give it a shot and if you are worried about weight or whatever, look at the DB9, the 144 comes in under 7 pounds!!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-10-2009, 12:33 PM Reply   
I'll be rolling the 138 Faction next year. Always stack the boards next to each other before you make up your mind. The Faction is the widest board in the line now so it's got plenty of surface area.

Also, just a FYI. I was riding a 141 Absolute at the start of the year. When I went back to the 138 Transcend I stacked them next to eachother. They're exactly the same length. Sometimes the measurements arent' exactly comperable.
Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-10-2009, 11:21 PM Reply   
Big Heavy and Evan- Thanks for the input guys! I wish i could just demo all the c-dub boards but unfortunately, from what i know, there are no c-dub dealers in nor-cal that demo. I rode my 08 transcend today (still waitin on my 09 warranty...MICHAEL!), and i just had the pure in the back of my head. I cant put my finger on the differences between my transcend and the pure but i just felt more "in control" on the pure. Thats the best way i can describe it which is kinda confusing. lol. But im still debating what to do....id consider the faction but im sold on 3 stages over continuous, i just like that extra "buck" in the pop....
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       09-11-2009, 9:29 AM Reply   
Well the Pure is an older Absolute shape, if you like the way the Pure feels, then you will love the 09 Absolute.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-11-2009, 12:12 PM Reply   
Trust me... The new Faction pops HARD!!!

You wont miss the 3 stage pop.
Old     (all_board_rider)      Join Date: May 2009       09-11-2009, 3:57 PM Reply   
wait no longer codi...your new board is on its way...and by new board i mean dub 10 transcend! you can thank me later ;) ha