Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (ryanclements)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-05-2007, 1:01 PM Reply   
I've heard about loading the line little, is it creating tightness on the rope? I wanted to see what you guys had to say about it.

I'm trying to get more pop, will this help?
Old     (pottsy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-05-2007, 1:07 PM Reply   
loading the line is what gets you all of your pop. When you edge you are pulling against the boat, which tightens the rope. This is what we refer to loading the line. Using the tension on the rope, you will get snapped up when you leave the wake, but remember not to leave your edge before you go off.
Old     (ryanclements)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-06-2007, 1:38 PM Reply   
Hey, thanks alot, I kinda figured thats what it was, but I wanted to check
Old     (watersnake)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-08-2007, 12:54 PM Reply   
Pottsy, I have been trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. That info will help me out in the water ( I hope ). Just a refresher when I'm edgeing I should keep the handle close to the waist though the jump, right?

Good luck Ryan!
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-08-2007, 1:36 PM Reply   
Jesse-
I haven't really gotten a straight answer from someone on your question, but what I do know is you don't want your arms to be fully extended straight when you edge in. If you pull the handle closer to the waist while edging and in the air, it puts your body in a much better position to grab the board and be stable. It is even more beneficial once you start trying spins where you want little tension in the air.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-08-2007, 1:42 PM Reply   
you want your arms in, but it definitely depends on what you're throwin. but yea, in general you want your elbows and hands in close. thats how you transfer the line tension down to the wake.

.edit.
stay on edge, load the line, handle close = POP

(Message edited by denverd1 on June 08, 2007)
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-09-2007, 12:40 AM Reply   
the only time you really want your arms to be aways from your hips in when your doing a raley or off axis trick. other that that you should have the handle at your waist at all times. when you let the handle out you loose your center of gravity and the board moves away from you and the boat.
Old     (watersnake)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-09-2007, 6:00 PM Reply   
Cool, Thanks to advice on WakeWorld from guys like you, I have been able to motivate myself and my wife to get out and try. I'm getting w2w, but almost zero pop. I'm gonna try the line load thing in the morning. The sudden hieght will prob freak me out at first!

Thanks agine!
Old     (ryanclements)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-09-2007, 11:29 PM Reply   
Thanks again guys... I got out this weekend and tried some of the stuff. It definetly helped, it's going to take a little fine tuning, but I can definetly see where its going.

Thanks!
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-10-2007, 6:56 AM Reply   
Just cut in with a hard heel side edge, pull that handle into your chest, and when you think you have pulled enough pull even harder. You might not land it the first few tries, but you will explode off the wake.

Ken Land
www.bulletlines.com
www.wakeboarding-winch.com