Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-07-2009, 10:53 PM Reply   
My dad and i took a sunday drive to see if the roads (nearly forgot there was sort of a way to get there by land) were accesible into the end of warm-creek, particularly with a camper, boat, or other trailer/ load.

It is a 14 mile trip from highway 89, starting from Big Water to get super close to the spot Bro-Stock was held last year. the first 1-2 miles is paved and the rest is dirt road. we had virtually No problems or doubts UNTIL 200 yards or so from the water's edge... a good sized, bumpy, steep decline followed by an incline of greater size stood in our way. It is no problem for an empty truck (4 wheel drive ideal) but not a good idea for a 2 ton camper or trailers and such.

I know there was at least one person on here earlier who was considering going out without a boat. while i would still recomend hitching a ride over on a boat, this is still an open option for anyone that might consider it i think... for tent camping, or just for a simple off-road adventure as the ride is quite beautiful.

Upload
traveling south on 89 This sign (looks like they didn't have any "c"s for the sign) is what you will see first at the enterance of bigwater and the road you need to get on from 89
Upload
this is what it looks like headed north on 89

Upload
Turn right at this sign, "Glen Canyon National Recreational Area" less than one mile from 89

and here are some samples of the road and extra stuff--->
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

(Message edited by wakerider111 on June 07, 2009)
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-07-2009, 10:59 PM Reply   
Upload
Turn Right at this sign (this is about half way there)

Upload
more road sample

Upload
more road sample... AND OHH... GASP... There it is. YEA.....!!!
Upload
Ohhh Crap... Dang it! (note the straight up path as well as the path arking to the right side of the pick
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-07-2009, 11:10 PM Reply   
Upload
this is the sucky part (viewed from the lake side)

Upload
the vehicle used

Upload
The spot in this picture (where the houseboat is) is the remaining beach where the majority of the house boats were anchored last year. Now it is nearly completely submerged... so i doubt that will be the anchoring spot again, but the event should take place in this general spot as it is the best/ most secluded spot in Warm Creek for the D-up comp.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-07-2009, 11:17 PM Reply   
Upload
This is the bay that the road leads to. it was lots smaller last year... think it might be double-up friendly? (notice the wake boat for sizing) too bad, it's probably still too crammed eh?

water level is rising about 6" a day http://lakepowell.water-data.com/, so some beaches will be more gone while others become increasingly accessible. just have to wait and see what gets claimed as THE exact anchoring spot

(Message edited by wakerider111 on June 07, 2009)
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-07-2009, 11:30 PM Reply   
one last picture.
Upload
Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-08-2009, 12:05 PM Reply   
Nice. It looks like I'll be there Friday with the X-Star. No houseboat though, looks like I'll be tenting it...unless someone has a spot for three on there houseboat?
Old     (tomfish)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-09-2009, 10:27 AM Reply   
sweet we are rolling in thursday afternoon. Can't wait. With the channel now open is last years spot even the best area at all with all the traffic now? We will be getting in right before dark and hope to shoot over quickly to find a campspot before dark.
Old     (krazywake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-09-2009, 7:17 PM Reply   
My buddy and I made that same drive two years ago for Brostock 2007 before finding out they moved it to Bull Frog. Upload
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-09-2009, 7:29 PM Reply   
I don't think Brostock was ever at Bullfrog. I was at Brostock '07 and it was also in Warm Creek Bay, but on the other side of the bay. It was actually in the cove that was created by the closing of the cut when the water went down. Here's the article: http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=1230
Old     (krazywake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-09-2009, 8:48 PM Reply   
Well either way, we couldn't see nor get to it, but we still had a hell of a time jeeping in desert and polishing off the beers we had. Some good stories came of the adventure. haha. Some really cool rock formations out there that we climbed.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-09-2009, 9:12 PM Reply   
Tom Fischer,

yes there will be more traffic through warm creek because the cut is open, but most of that traffic is people going up lake away from bro stock. bro-stock will be in the far northern end of warm creek which is well away from the castle-rock-cut. BUT you can be rest assured that no matter where bro-stock would be held it is gona have heavy traffic nearby from the people attending it alone. and when it comes to the double up comp. there will be so many people anchored around it that no stray boat will get through (with exception of one rental boat last year that messed up one double up run... ;)), especially since it will be in the end of the canyon
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-09-2009, 11:10 PM Reply   
Looks like it. That Jeep hammock is badassalicious!
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-10-2009, 12:06 AM Reply   
How about stop stealing our water, that would be Badassalicious!
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-10-2009, 12:07 AM Reply   
Seriously, Mead is droppin and Powell is filling. NEATO
Old     (ripcurlsurfer)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-11-2009, 2:37 PM Reply   
anyone got a extra seat for one? who's camping as well?? I dont got a ride up will give gas money for brostock and anything else.

mike
Old    sdahockey21            06-12-2009, 9:35 AM Reply   
For all of you guys like myself who can't go to brostock...There is a live brostock cam on stokemeter. Pretty Slick. http://tv.stokemeter.com
Old     (roomservice)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-12-2009, 9:44 AM Reply   
I dont think that's a hammock, I think it's a rotisserie.