Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-06-2010, 6:24 PM Reply   
Heya,

I'm looking in to doing a "professional" type of video this year for the area riders around here. Anyone willing to contribute some ideas and tips to get this done? We will be working with Hi Def vid and can easily get a couple of chase boats, and the tube shots.

Any hints?

Thanks for any input.

Shawn
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-09-2010, 2:39 PM Reply   
Steady camera's are a must. I sometimes have unsteady hands, and if you can't keep it from moving, then you could blow a one time shot or something like that. Also depends on how busy the water is when you're filming... Also, steer clear of filming in the middle of the day during the summer. The sun will fade out all of the shots and make it look like it's overcast, stick with early to mid morning and late afternoon. Also, for tube shots, stick with the flat tubes. The ones with seats tend to bounce more in the spot where you're sitting (the seat) because it's closer to the water and it's really hard to get a steady shot from there.

Work on editing as much as you can, I don't know if you have edited stuff before, but stay away from most transitions, stick with straight cuts, flashes, fades and maybe the occasional slide, or else it just winds up appearing unprofessional. Oh and don't use too much slow-mo, it bores people. What I learned with my video is that it's better to delay release to have enough footage to fill the song than it is to try to fill in time with slow motion. Use it to make a trick stand out, but never to fill in space.

Finally, if you're selling it, make sure that you get rights to license the music, or ELSE.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-13-2010, 7:53 AM Reply   
Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it. I need to write out what I'm hoping to capture and get it framed up.

Thanks again.