Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-23-2010, 7:24 PM Reply   
So I am buying a 2008 Chevy Silverado LT and I was wondering if attempting to find a junkyard Silverado with leather seats to swap out, front and back, is something worth looking into. I am interested in possibly taking out the center bench seat up front with a center console also. Obviously it won't have an power but I'm curious to hear some thoughts on this. Is is possible?
Old     (iridelow1998)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-23-2010, 9:14 PM Reply   
I've got an 09 Silverado but I'm not sure I understand your question. The newer body style seats will fit but is it worth it is really up to you. I guess you'd have to look at cost of getting leather versus the time and effort it will take you to find and swap them out. I'm not sure what your center console question is so I can't answer that.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-23-2010, 10:08 PM Reply   
I have never had good luck finding good condition parts at a junk yard or a salvage place. I tried for 6 months just to find an OEM denali mirror in any color and never did.
Old     (chris4x4gill2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-24-2010, 5:39 AM Reply   
you can do it, if you can find a good doner set of seats. Most trucks will be pre-wired for the power seats as well. The wire harness will be under your carpet.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-24-2010, 8:56 AM Reply   
I'd go with aftermarket leather, like www.autoleathers.com. It's usually a lot nicer quality leather than factory. Check local upholstery shops for installation cost. Swapping the console is probably more trouble than it's worth.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-24-2010, 9:44 AM Reply   
my friend owns an auto wrecker and he has told my its extremely hard to get your hands on any parts because they are crushing the cars down because china need the metal.
Old     (sammm724centurion)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-24-2010, 10:16 AM Reply   
I agree with Trace, my buddy bought a Tahoe and had the regular seats replaced with Leather at a shop for a very reasonable price, I wanna say about $200-300 for the front bucket seats and back seats as well.
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-24-2010, 7:42 PM Reply   
what color leather are you looking for? tan or gray? i bet i could find them for u no problem
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-24-2010, 8:27 PM Reply   
It's a white Silverado so any color would be good. It's an extended cab is the only stipulation. I appreciate the thoughts but would still like to hear thoughts from someone that has seen this done. As for the center console... The truck I'm getting has the center seat up front and so long as I'm good without having power to the center console, how much trouble would it be to take out the seat and replace it with a center console?
Old     (iridelow1998)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-24-2010, 8:55 PM Reply   
I'm almost positive that the center seat and the center console both fasten to the same floor brackets. You might want to take a look at your dash without the center console versus the dash of a truck with the center console and make sure no dash mods are necessary. I don't think there would be, I've got the center console in my truck and it looks like it just butts up against the dash. Can you post a pic of your dash? If you want, I'll take a pic of mine tomorrow and post it up so you can compare the 2.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-24-2010, 9:19 PM Reply   
I don't have the truck yet but the center console on the LTZ does mesh up nicely to the dash but on my truck the dash is the one of a bench seat truck. I don't know all the packages but I've seen the bench seat dash with a center console that didn't mesh up like the LTZ.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-25-2010, 8:24 AM Reply   
It's going to be cheaper and easier to have aftermarket leather put in the truck. I was considerig this same thing on an 08 tahoe last year. Aftermarket leather is much better quality than factory. The delaer I bought the truck from does this quite a bit.