Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-14-2009, 7:59 PM Reply   
I know ronix and hyperlite stuff is available, when will the LF gear be?
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-15-2009, 5:41 AM Reply   
If their warranty service on 09 product is any indicator, the 2010 stuff should hit around July.
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-15-2009, 8:52 AM Reply   
What is wrong with their warranty? They have always taken care of my stuff perfect. Maybe best service period. Yes fly series had issues but the warrantied it no problem.
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       10-15-2009, 10:40 AM Reply   
+1 with LF warranty and customer service being unmatched in my experience.
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-15-2009, 10:44 AM Reply   
This is the second go around I have had in the last two years on getting my bindings replaced under warranty. Had a pair of Vantages fail in mid-July of this year, was told that shouldn't take too long to get replaced, end of Sept. still no bindings. Took a store credit vs. replacement.

Great customer service if you like to cut your season short.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-15-2009, 11:16 AM Reply   
you sure that isn't just the store you're dealing with john and not LF? ;)
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-15-2009, 11:22 AM Reply   
My lyman delaminated and they never got back to me
Old     (tvreeland)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-15-2009, 11:29 AM Reply   
I have rode a few different LF 2010's. They are avaliable. Most shops do not take delivery on their 2010's until spring because they don't want to have inventory all through the winter.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-15-2009, 11:35 AM Reply   
I had no problem getting a pair of bindings warrantied....just have to keep calling/e-mailing for status, you'll get it done!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-15-2009, 11:38 AM Reply   
2010 Bindings? Where/when will they be available?
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-15-2009, 11:51 AM Reply   
I know the inside guy at LF, to remain unamed, and it doesn't seem to matter. I think the shop I have been dealing with, also to remain unamed, has been great throughout the whole process and more than accomodating. They're (the shop) great.
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-15-2009, 11:52 AM Reply   
Let's put it this way Juan, Perf doesn't have any 2010 LF stuff yet as of last week. They get it before anyone. That should give you an idea of how fast they are moving.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-15-2009, 6:40 PM Reply   
yeah that's what I figured. I'm going to back in o town first weekend in november and I wanted to warranty my 09's for 010's but I guess that won't happen.
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-15-2009, 6:44 PM Reply   
At Surf Expo is where dealer orders are booked. With the economy the way it was last year they are building when they get all their pre books in. I am guessing the majority of the masses will not be purchasing until spring.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-15-2009, 7:46 PM Reply   
lame. i have a pair of not so rideable vantage ltds and ill be darned if i warranty them again for a pair of 09's just to have them break again.
Old     (bigjokerinthebox66)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-15-2009, 8:01 PM Reply   
I destroyed a pair of vantage LTDs on my third or fourth set in Sept. and then had the water issue in the air bags. Warranty dept was excellent. I sent my 09s in on Oct. 1. Just received a pair of 2010 vantages in the mail today. That is a ridiculous turnaround.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-15-2009, 8:02 PM Reply   
Id rather just swap them at the shop...cause i don't want velcro anymore anyway. Guess Ill just have to wait...
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-16-2009, 4:31 AM Reply   
From what I'm being told you will start to see boots in November...with the majority being available before Christmas. They will also be offering some LTD Edtion boots in March. Watsons, Shane's and Ultras.. Hope this helps.

Bill

Wakeboardstl....something is wrong with your warranty situation...where did you buy them from. Typically if its a legit warranty, a dealer should be able to get you an answer right away. If they don't have boots to replace them with, that might be the delay..however you should have the option to either get a refund or apply it towards another pair of boots if its within 1 year from the ORIGINAL day of purchase (not when they were warranted). This sounds like a communication issue...and falls on the dealer not working to get this resolved or you not being told what is going on. Hope this helps.
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-16-2009, 5:34 AM Reply   
Bill - The dealer in question has always been great, just as your staff has always treated me great: D, Anthony, Brian, Cathy, Nick W, etc. Great service all of the time. My bindings (Vantage LTDs) were purchased from a authorized LF dealer, returned to the same dealer and immediately called in to CO while I was there. CO says no problems, got you covered. One month, two months, no bindings. Bought another pair of Vantage LTDs and ended up having to take a store credit on the first pair. The replacement pair I have purchased have now blown out (water in the footbeds) and I guess I will return these and take the store credit and move on to something else.

It's no big deal, just a hassle more than anything. Maybe it's just my luck, but this is the second time I have had to warranty bindings with LF and with the same results. Waiting months on end to get a replacement for a pair of bindings that busted in the beginning of summer and for us it's now the end of the season.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-16-2009, 7:46 AM Reply   
Bill, thanks for the info! It definitely helps.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-16-2009, 7:54 AM Reply   
Are you sure that LF didnt issue a credit to your dealer and your dealer didnt realize it? We've never had an issue with LF warranty.
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-17-2009, 8:05 AM Reply   
WakeboardSTL....thx for the love. But back to your issue...from my experience dealing with LF...if they have replacement product in stock..they send it RIGHT away. No Games. If they don't, they will issue credit. Get the RA# from your dealer. Have them call LF Customer service and find the status of the RA. If they can't replace it...you should be able to get credit right away for the boots towards something else. Should not take 2 months to get this resolved unless they are trying to get your exact replacements...which at this point probably would not happen as they are sold out.