Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2003

Old    scoot            07-03-2003, 10:36 PM Reply   
I was just wondering which one would be the best for me since I have a small wake. I've seen people doing kickflips and shovits and stuff and it looks like fun. I cant really do anything other than surface tricks and 1wake's with my wakeboard, so I was thinking if I tried wakeskating it would open up a door to a greater variety of possible tricks. Any thoughts?

Scott
Old    tribal            07-04-2003, 7:40 AM Reply   
When I had a smaller boat I definatly got more into skating.You don't need as big a wake to have alot of fun.
Old    vip20882000            07-10-2003, 11:43 PM Reply   
But wakeboarding has alot bigger rangeyou have inverts, raleys etc. but wakeskating ur wake doesnt need 2 be high to have fun, but if u find sum1 that has a good boat you will have loads more fun wakeboarding IMO
Old    scoot            07-10-2003, 11:55 PM Reply   
Yea I totally agree. But with my size wake my range of tricks is extremely limited. It's mostly just surface tricks 180's a few grabs if I can manage it and the occasional 360. Other than that theres really not enough wake to get any height so inverts are definatley out. Thats why I'm thinking about switching over to wakeskating. Thanks

Scott
Old    vip20882000            07-11-2003, 12:40 AM Reply   
HOw high us your wake? My wake would be about 10" and i can nearly back roll off it. But i cant 360 off it but im working on it.
Old    scoot            07-13-2003, 9:36 PM Reply   
Lets just say its sort of like a flat boat. So i guess the wake is around 6-8" but it slopes up and doesnt peak so ther might as well be no wake at all as far as pop is concerned.
Old    upupnaway            07-14-2003, 3:51 AM Reply   
Build some sliders and kickers and play around on both board and skate.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-14-2003, 7:38 AM Reply   
Mike's had the best Idea yet.
Old    scoot            07-29-2003, 9:15 PM Reply   
Thats a good idea except I don't think its legal to put up sliders where I board. Plus there isnt any room for them, its just a deep deep bayou with no banks or shallow water. There is this one place where it branches off of the main canal and it sorta forms an island. I might look into putting one up back there as soon as I talk to an official about it.