Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-15-2008, 4:27 PM Reply   
I bought this Legacy 56" and had it for about 9 months and have only rode it about 5 times and never really liked it. So today I said I would give it another shot. I get up on the board and it feels like this board has sand paper on the bottom of it. I ride at 24 mph and have been boarding for almost 10 years. I have had about 6-7 different boards in that time and have never rode a board that rides like this one. It doesn't slide over the top of the water but feels like it plows through it. Is this normal or could there be some kind of defect with the board. It is just rediculous how much drag this board has it seems like it trying to hold you back. I love how big it is and the soft landings I really notice. If this is how the board is supposed to handle I can't imagine anyone liking it.
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       11-15-2008, 6:51 PM Reply   
I hated it even more than that. Wayy too slow and you had to work your ass off. This is a board for people riding in the 25-27 mph range.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-16-2008, 10:14 AM Reply   
Because the board is so heavy it rides really slow when you ride slower than about 25 mph. Once you break that it seems to ride quite a bit faster
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-16-2008, 10:24 AM Reply   
I don't think this is the board for me. There is a fine line where I feel comfortable when riding, 23 and I feel like I start to sink when I start to cut in at the wake and 25 just seems a little to fast. Is the Legacy covered with a different material on the bottom than other boards?
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-16-2008, 3:55 PM Reply   
I moved up from the Legacy to the Monarch primarily due to the concerns you listed. The Monarch is much lighter and rides pretty fast even at slower speeds. The Legacy is a foam core material vs. the Atomic/PVC core of the Monarch. The Monarch rides nothing like the Legacy...definitely recommend a demo!
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-16-2008, 4:07 PM Reply   
I was never concerned with how much the Legacy weighed, I'm 210, so a couple more pounds doesn't make a difference. I just can't believe how much friction there is between the board and the water. Is that the meaning of a slow board, I always thought by saying "slow" or "fast" meant how quick and nimble a board was. Are there any other boards that ride like this that I need to stay away from?
Old    justinh            11-16-2008, 7:12 PM Reply   
It is not the weight of the board, it is the rockerline that makes it feel so slow/draggy. That board is a real arm workout. Its weight makes it a beast in the air too.

The monarch, on the other hand, is fairly quick and flicks like nothing.

(Message edited by justinh. on November 16, 2008)
Old     (chrism4668)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-16-2008, 7:37 PM Reply   
I would imagine its feels slow much the same as the 06 and 07 murray do with over 3 inches of rocker
Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-17-2008, 10:21 AM Reply   
I hated that board.... Felt like i was riding a brick.