Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-29-2005, 9:45 AM Reply   
Can you put perfect pass on any boat. And how does it work.
Old    zboomer            05-29-2005, 3:11 PM Reply   
Well, I hate to say "any boat" but it will work on most. If they have an engine with a cable-controlled throttle, it should work. You should contact the company (www.perfectpass.com) to inquire in a certain boat, if it's unusual.

Perfect Pass works based on a paddle wheel installed in the hull of the boat. The wheel reads boat speed, and PP controls the boat throttle to maintain a steady speed.

At higher speeds it can be set to maintain a given rpm, instead of taking a reading from the paddle wheel.

You set the speed you want to maintain in the PP, accelerate as usual up to near the set speed, and it takes over, maintaining the speed for you. Very nice.
Old    natlchamp2k4            05-30-2005, 11:55 AM Reply   
I emailed perfect pass about a system for my boat, a 00' bayliner 3.0 4 cyl., he said he had never done one on that particular setup, but he said I could work. I just wanted the cruise and of course he suggested the wakeboard pro, but thats just a salesman doing his job. Anyawy, just email perfect pass, shoot them your question.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-31-2005, 12:20 PM Reply   
Jamie, not exactly. The pro has user adjustable settings the cruise does not have. On an I/O (i know i have one with pro) you need to bump up the kdw setting and sometimes another setting to compensate for the lack of hosepower. Now, mine has a lack at 240 hp on a 20'er, yours may have a severe lack with only the 3.0?? Good luck adding weight or people.
I believe PP has been installed on at least one outboard, someone on this board.