Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-08-2012, 3:59 PM Reply   
Has anyone done a stereo in a 1999 Maristar 230vrs? Looking for amp mounting suggestions and sub placement.... I'm wanting to do 2 12's as I like to feel the bass but not sure that's possible without losing a bunch of storage.. For highs I have a jl hd 600/4 I'm gonna run. The rest is wide open. I don't have a whole lot to spend as the boat purchase depleted the savings.. My first boat btw
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-08-2012, 4:43 PM Reply   
I would do one 12 correctly powered(maybe overpowered) in a custom correctly sized/tuned box at the drivers feet. From listening to david's and other's suggestions this would probably be the cheapest and best way to get lots of good bass. Probably better then stuffing subs in storage area's or not having the correct boxes. If you want a full system including towers, interiors, sub and amps then I think you should consider the new wetsounds 6 channel amp that tim has talked about. It has enough power to push 4 good quality interiors on channels 1-2, run a single rev410 on channels 3-4 bridged and run an XS12 on channels 5-6 bridged.

Really though, I think people need to know what you are going to spend and what components you need.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-08-2012, 5:24 PM Reply   
Thanks Brett, i guess i wish i knew a little more of what is needed too. i'm driving to pick it up tomorrow if all is ok with it shes coming home with me... I more was looking to see if anyone had done one up and if there was pics of previous systems in the x30 or similar to give me a starting point. Since i have the hd600.4 already i'm going to try and intigrate it to save some money. worst case i'll need new interiors, new sub/s, deck. towers will probably have to wait unless the ones he has are decent which i doubt... I'll be reporting back in the next couple days if all goes well. fingers crossed.
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-08-2012, 5:41 PM Reply   
Detox,
Wait until you get the boat. Determine the subwoofer location and how much external displacement you can allow for the subwoofer enclosure. That, along with the shape will determine the right subwoofer(s) and the enclosure loading type whether sealed or a form of ported enclosure (bass-reflex or bandpass). And, the subwoofer system will then determine the right amplifier. If you start with the available space, giving consideration to other issues like your tolerance for legroom, storage, etc. and proceed in sequence, the package will come together easily.
Budget can be a determining factor too and oftentimes without a great deal of compromise. A woofer with longer excursion or greater power handling generally requires a ton of power to live up to its potential. A moderate mass subwoofer that is far more responsive can operate on much less power and still provide exceptional performance.

David
Earmark Marine

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-10-2012, 11:57 AM Reply   
Thanks david... looks like its going to need 4 new interior speakers which are 6.5", a new sub, and a new head unit. I'm thinking around a 100$ a pair for the speakers but would be willing to spend more if it will play louder and cleaner and leaning towards a w3 or something similar for the sub? Do you have any deck recomendations? I've always used pioneer stuff in the past, but open to suggestions. Not sure if i should get an eq or not? I'd love a 420 but can't afford that right now. I'd like to have bluetooth built into the deck but its not manditory.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-10-2012, 2:51 PM Reply   
Haven't heard much about them recently but a lot of people use to mention the Polk DB651's as the best price point interior speaker. I think they are less then $100/pair as well. Looking quickly the wetsounds XS-65's and Exile 6.5's are around $180/pair so almost double what you would like to spend.

With the amp you have I am guessing you could run 2 channels for the 4 interiors and then the other 2 to a sub. Maybe other subs besides the W3 to consider would be the exile S12 and Image dynamics IDQ12. I am not sure how any of those 3 subs will do with the 300 watts 2 channels of your amp would provide.