Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-04-2010, 4:21 PM Reply   
kinda started this story on the "6.4 Blowing White Smoke" thread, but I wanted advice from guys in the know...

Took my 08 6.4 in for an oil and coolant leak. Dealer found front cover leaking oil, as well as a faulty o-ring on a rad. hose that he is covering under warranty (40, 200 miles). Now the problem: The radiator has a visible weep on the backside. I took this truck in Nov. of 09 at 23K because it was using coolant, and they replaced a seal at that time under warranty. I firmly believe that this radiator leak was there at that time, and they missed it, because the truck has continued to use a bit of coolant, maybe a quart every 6 months or so. I'm having a hard time accepting that I should be on the hook for 900 plus dollars for a radiator. I called Ford Customer Assistance and spoke to a very nice lady, who said she would start a file for the local area rep.

Do I stand a prayer of getting any help from Ford on this one? Any inside tips on how to present this to the Customer Service guys that will help? For what it's worth, I have been a loyal Ford guy for years, three new personal vehicles since 04, as well as all my shop trucks except one have been SuperDuties since 1999.