Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Snowboarding

Old     (hockeysk8er222)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-12-2010, 7:36 PM Reply   
Anyone been there during spring? What all is open during spring? I'm heading out late March and wanted to know some opinion...
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-12-2010, 8:59 PM Reply   
I went last year about this time. Not as good of a snow year last year and it was warm. All was open, but it was packed. If it's windy and they shut down the higher lifts it's terrible because everyone is stuck in one area. If you like big, just to be big, it's a good place. Personally I was more than happy to drive the half hr to Sierra at Tahoe, or even further to the likes of Kirkwood. I don't like crowds. The Heavenly area nightlife is definitely worth staying there for, but I liked riding outside of Heavenly. Good parks though, last year at least
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-12-2010, 10:33 PM Reply   
+1 one for what A-dub said ... it can get crazy nuts... I assume you're goin for spring break, and it will get nuts.

The terrain was great but the crowds weren't.
Old     (quik876)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-13-2010, 4:23 AM Reply   
Yeah Heavenly is good, but you're prob'ly better to hit the Cali side of the mountain or headdin' further north of Tahoe it's usually packed around the end of Feb/ early March (lotta ppl gettin' it in before end of season), if you're goin @ the end of March it might not be as crowded, but who knows, ppl still may be tryin to get in on the last bit 'o pow before spring hits. so yeah it might be heavy on the crowds still

Last edited by quik876; 03-13-2010 at 4:26 AM.
Old     (hockeysk8er222)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-13-2010, 6:33 AM Reply   
I think I'll be alright as far as crowds go i'm pretty small, and I have a lot of control as far as coming off a broken foot goes
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-13-2010, 7:12 AM Reply   
crowds on the actual runs are fine, but at the lifts it sucks... you spend more time waiting to get on the lift than anything else....

also the little park rats who camp out on the top of hits.... thats my biggest pet peeve