Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (moosemac81)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-26-2009, 2:40 PM Reply   
Nothing like getting off work to go surfing and get this call! Hey the boat sank last night! Has anyone been through this! What usually happens? It has full coverage thank god!

Upload
Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-26-2009, 2:44 PM Reply   
Ouch! have you determined what happened?
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-26-2009, 2:49 PM Reply   
i can guess what happened....you left too much weight on ONE side of the boat..

your daughter looks PISSED!!!
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-26-2009, 5:09 PM Reply   
If you had extra weight in the boat (sacks, lead, etc...) get it out of the boat first. Then call your insurance company and tell them what happened.

Make them cut you a check, and not just fix your boat. You could be dealing with electrical issues the rest of it's life. I had my car stolen a few years back and even though they recovered it (missing the interior and with an extra 600 miles on it) I said I didn't want it back and they cut me a check.
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       07-26-2009, 5:40 PM Reply   
Ok now that is not as bad as my weekend...that sucks
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-26-2009, 5:40 PM Reply   
Woah! Worst day ever!
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-26-2009, 5:55 PM Reply   
Jason, Your boat has a issue running. His SUNK how was youre weekend worse? I think mike wins this one.... still sucks though.
Old     (moosemac81)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-26-2009, 6:03 PM Reply   
Well I know what happened. The front take would not drain so we took off the hose to the pump to and hooked into another pump to see if my pump was bad. It is not the pump so we left the hose un hooked because we ran out of light and I guess it sifened. THat is the only thing we can think of!
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-26-2009, 6:32 PM Reply   
that blows :-(
but you're getting a new boat...
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-26-2009, 7:29 PM Reply   
That may be one of the saddest pictures I've seen in a while. A half sunk wake boat and a poor little girl wearing a life vest just staring at it from the dock.
Old     (hehateme)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-26-2009, 7:37 PM Reply   
Wow...

Whats your next boat gonna be???
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-26-2009, 7:55 PM Reply   
Someone help that little girl. Looks like her hart has sunk
Old     (michridr69)      Join Date: Dec 2008       07-27-2009, 8:11 AM Reply   
thats crazy did ur wife call u first when it sank? she was probably like... um... honey........ how was work today? theres a little problem, ummm i think the boat is leaking a little bit??
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       07-27-2009, 9:48 AM Reply   
Aww man that is awful!
Old     (oldschoolmalibu)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-27-2009, 9:58 AM Reply   
Terrible. Poor guy and poor girl. She looks like you just stole her candy from her. Sorry
Old    mendo247            07-27-2009, 10:21 AM Reply   
That sucks man! Hope everything works out...
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-27-2009, 12:26 PM Reply   
I had a friend move my boat from a shared trailer to the water so he could do some on shore maintenance. Forgot there was two plugs. Believe it or not, my boat ran better after it sunk than before. I think it was a 1992ish carburated Ski Supreme

If your in salt, you do not want it back.

Once your out of the water have a mechanic pickle the boat immediately and you need to get it running immediately. Do not wait. All fluids need to be replaced including the fuel. Your upholstry will need to be pulled off. Getting water out of the foam may be a challenge but get it drying immediately before mold can develop. If covered with fuel you may need new skins. Your carpet may also have fuel and oil on it. At a minimum, all wiring will need to be cut back and reconnected. You should also replace the alternator, starter, blower and battery. Once you get back on the water, make sure you have a water seperator on the fuel lines and some spare filters.

At the time of my mishap, I had more time than money. The insurance company wrote me a check and I replaced the carpet, took off the skins and cleaned them and reinstalled everything and pocketed the money. The mechanic handled the engine, tranny and electrical.

If you had decent insurance your life will be much easier. Good luck.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-27-2009, 12:36 PM Reply   
Also, make sure use use stainless staples and fasteners. Also make sure every nut has a nylon insert --- regardless if the factory used one or not. Do not use lock washers.

Regardless if you do the work or not, don't let anyone break the above rules.

Oh, and throw out the fasteners that came with your new marine speakers and buy new quality stainless.
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       07-28-2009, 3:55 PM Reply   
On my post I meant to say this was worse than mine..I could not imagine that...even though my weekend was bad, this tops it
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-28-2009, 4:12 PM Reply   
Sorry, did you put the hose back on and pump the water out?

You guys really think he will get a new boat?
Seems fixable to me...
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-28-2009, 6:08 PM Reply   
I personally would demand a new boat! Never know what kind of problems he could have later on that he would be responsible for fixing.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-29-2009, 9:05 AM Reply   
A new boat would be nice but if you have to fix it make all you can do is make sure its done right.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-29-2009, 9:35 AM Reply   
That little girl needs a happy meal, stat.

Good luck with the insurance claim. Explaining how you ended up with a flooded boat and a loose hose should be entertaining.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-29-2009, 10:08 AM Reply   
makes me fell a little better about my boat. I blew a head gasket or cracked something, cause mine wont start and has water in the oil and cylinders. Sorry to hear about yours, that sucks also. I would like a new boat if mine sunk. You just have to make sure the ins. company doesn't know anything about sacs in the boat. I'm hoping my extened warranty will cover my engine. Anybody ever had to use your extended warranty??
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-29-2009, 10:12 AM Reply   
^^^ Uhh... when did this happen? I wouldn't wait on warranty info to tear that thing down. Time's tickin.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-29-2009, 10:54 AM Reply   
I would do it myself, but I don't want my work to void my warranty. I paid 2500 for it and want to use it. My buddy has a Enzo so hopefully I can get out at least once a week. I'm actually used to goin out 3 days a week. Guess I gotta take what I can get. Earliest they will look at it is Aug. 11th
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-29-2009, 11:08 AM Reply   
Sorry if you already posted this, but have you had an insurance adjuster come out yet.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-29-2009, 11:24 AM Reply   
What's the big deal? Put the tube under the back, fill it with air, float it, pump it out, change all the fluids, pull the plugs, roll it over, fog the cylinders, fire it up and get some heat back in the motor ASAP.

Over the years, I have had 2 sunk boats back up and running in the same day. Both times I was surprised how easy it was to get them going again.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-29-2009, 12:01 PM Reply   
I did it once also. It took a few oil changes in the v-drive, but it was fine for the few hundred hours that I owned the boat for.
Old     (king_of_wake123)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-10-2009, 5:48 PM Reply   
i think there is enough weight in the boat
Old    ausbill32            08-11-2009, 8:05 AM Reply   
Just a tad too much ballast there for surfing.
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-11-2009, 8:32 AM Reply   
hey Mike... update on insurance? Or what route you took on getting it fixed?
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       08-11-2009, 9:26 AM Reply   
that is very fixable. Heck I use to sink my yamaha jet boat (submarine it) on purpose all the time and never had an issue.
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-11-2009, 10:54 AM Reply   
you may end up hoping its fixable. sometimes you find out that insurance will write you a check for one amount (what a book says its worth), but you can not find a comparable boat to replace yours for that amount.