Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (hyperlite_boards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-11-2007, 2:31 PM Reply   
im thinking about getting into wakeskating and i was wondering what kind to get as well as the size im 6ft. 4in. 170lbs thanks
Old     (tbl07)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-11-2007, 11:17 PM Reply   
The new Liquid Force SST is sick man....tons of pop and its a heavy board, perfect for doin flip tricks and perfect for sticking with you on the wake to wake jumps....go for the 42" board
Old     (wes_can_riders)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-12-2007, 1:17 AM Reply   
Mike,

I'm in the same boat you are size wise... same weight and hight.... Have you ever wakeskated before?... any thoughts into what kind of skate you are looking at, company wise? wood or composite? ... In regards to size, its all personal prefernce, but I find for me, being as tall as I (we) are, I find a bigger board is better for me... the smallest I would ever ride comfortably would be a 41 ... but I like to keep it in the 41-43 range...
Old     (slowake)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-12-2007, 10:53 AM Reply   
I have a couple of Kampus skates that are brand new that I would be willing to let go cheap. $50 and it is yours
Old     (hyperlite_boards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-14-2007, 10:24 AM Reply   
i was looking to stay in hyperlite like all my boards and i have never wakeskated before but i dont know i think i would probly get a composite wakeskate but i dont know anything about wakeskating
Old     (waketrix101)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-14-2007, 3:38 PM Reply   
i heard the duce pop is great!
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-14-2007, 6:10 PM Reply   
If you want to stay with HL, check out the new vinyl, or the catalyst is a popular choice.
Old     (hyperlite_boards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-14-2007, 6:19 PM Reply   
i heard the catalyst was a good all arround board
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-14-2007, 8:00 PM Reply   
I'm sure it is. I have tried composite and wood boards, I am partial to wood. There are a lot of reputable wakeskate cos. , you might want to do some research first.