Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (T2)      Join Date: Jul 2010       03-13-2011, 3:13 PM Reply   
I am looking to upgrade my wakeboard setup for this year. I have been wakeskating and surfing lately and haven't been wakeboarding due to i don't have a board. Used to ride Hyperlite but now i am basically set on Liquid Force, love their products...i wasn't a big fan of Hyperlite. I am looking at the 2010 models of boards and bindings, because of mainly the price. I think i have narrowed it down between the LF Watson, LF Watson Classic, and the LF Trip. I am about 6'1.5" or so and around 180 pounds, what do you think size wise? 138/139 or the bigger size like 141/142...i always thought smaller like the classic 138 size but alot of people say the bigger the better, which i am leary about, not sure i want that or agree with it. Then i want a CT bindings. What are your suggestions / imput? I ride behind my Nautique, no rails or sliders for me even though i would love to. Thanks guys!
Old     (T2)      Join Date: Jul 2010       03-13-2011, 3:14 PM Reply   
Oh, and if this helps...i am an intermediate level skill rider.
Old     (snoopy1173)      Join Date: May 2010       03-13-2011, 4:20 PM Reply   
What are your preferences to bindings......the watson is a great all around board. I would go bigger for a 142...the size is visually so miniscule and you will learn to love a bigger board anyways. 2010 lf bindings suck though. I have read dozens and seen many issues with the footbeds coming out and the seperation of the base and the boot. I would upgrade to the 2011 models if u can stretch your money. Good luck. Demo if u can before you buy
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-13-2011, 10:21 PM Reply   
I have not ridden the watson boards. but i do ride a 142 slingshot board and weigh 165lbs, intermediate rider. I discovered i have liked the larger boards too, so i will add my personal recommendation to go a size-up, along with Jay's.
It might feel different at first, but give time to get used to it and i bet it will be to your liking.

130-210lbs is the recommended weight range on those 138/9 boards. your size and weight puts you closer to the heavier/larger side of those numbers.

the 142/3 boards are 160lbs and up. So, sounds to me that the brand recommendations suit ya too.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-14-2011, 6:13 AM Reply   
shane.
Old     (T2)      Join Date: Jul 2010       03-24-2011, 12:31 PM Reply   
Alright, i have narrowed it down to either the 2010 LF Watson ....or.... 2010 LF Lyman. ( Both sizes 143) I am completely torn between these two!! I have no idea which one to choose!?!?! Help? Feedback would be greatly appreciated!!
Old     (ALWakePEACE)      Join Date: Jun 2010       03-24-2011, 12:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by T2 View Post
Alright, i have narrowed it down to either the 2010 LF Watson ....or.... 2010 LF Lyman. ( Both sizes 143) I am completely torn between these two!! I have no idea which one to choose!?!?! Help? Feedback would be greatly appreciated!!
Hey Taylor,

I have ridden liquid force for quite a while and have gone everything from the Watson Classic, Watson Hybrid, Shane, Trip, and Axis. If your an intermediate looking to progress as a rider then I would really recommend the Watson. If you can fork over the extra cash, I would definitely recommend trying out the Hybrid. It gives alot more pop off the wake and is really good about giving the rider complete freedom and super responsive. The best thing you could do obviously is find somewhere that will allow you to demo the boards. OWC in Orlando does as well as many other cables and marinas. Its all about personal rider preference. I progressed really quickly when I switched to the Watson. Don't forget, the longer the board the harder the rocker is going to be also. Good luck on picking and hope this helped. Shoot me a message if you want any other advice on any of the other boards.

-Peace
Old     (T2)      Join Date: Jul 2010       03-24-2011, 6:13 PM Reply   
Peace, thanks for everything! I think you confirmed my choice on the Watson! When you say harder rocker for longer boards...does this mean bigger? Or...?