Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    bigds            06-27-2004, 10:24 PM Reply   
Has anyone tried putting a wakeboard rack on their car? I don't drive a truck or a big car, so trunk space is minimal. I've had to take down the back seats everytime I go wakeboarding. I was thinking of mounting a rack like a Bike or Ski rack on top of my car. Does anyone have any experience they can share? Would the racks for boat towers fit? What's the best way to do this? Thanks!
Old     (flashalexb)      Join Date: May 2004       06-27-2004, 10:31 PM Reply   
I was just thinking of if this is possible today too. Im sure you could strap it down the same way surfboards are strapped down. As far as the same way as a boat its possible with some major welding but it would look funny.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-27-2004, 10:46 PM Reply   
Derek there are some snowboard racks that could fit wakeboards. Look into that, I think it would be the simple solution.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-27-2004, 10:50 PM Reply   
Like This: http://www.barrecrafters.com/prod/skisnow.html

You'll have to look into it a bit more to see if you can fit a wakeboard on one of those.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-28-2004, 7:15 AM Reply   
Yep, Kristian is right. The Barrecrafters racks will hold your wakeboard. The cool thing is the Barrecrafter components will also work with Thule racks, but cost about 1/3 less.
Old     (33drew)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-28-2004, 11:15 PM Reply   
hey i have a yakima rack on my car i carry mountain bikes, canoes, snowskiis and alot of other stuff. I love yakima, very reliable, very sturdy. You could use snow ski racks to put the wakeboard on it. Ive never done it but i guess you could. Check out autoracksdirect.com they have the lowest prices on yakima racks i researched it before i bought mine.
Old     (w4k3b04rd3r19)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-28-2004, 11:46 PM Reply   
I used a snowboard rack for a wakeboard. It fits prefectly with or without the binding on
Old    bigds            06-29-2004, 2:15 AM Reply   
Ryan, do you have a picture of your setup? I would really like to see what it looks like with the boards on there. Also, did you car already have the rack bars built in? Thanks!
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-29-2004, 6:24 AM Reply   
get the thule snowboard racks for your car www.thule.com or www.rackwarehouse.com

I have the 725's flat top
Old     (the_madness)      Join Date: May 2003       07-05-2004, 9:32 PM Reply   
Do it up right witha a couple wakeboard racks from ebay.

Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-05-2004, 9:56 PM Reply   
wow
that is awesome
a volkswaggon with board racks
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-06-2004, 6:11 AM Reply   
becareful using racks similar to that barecrafters one, they could ruin the rocker if in the rack to long. Instead look at the Thule (www.thule.com) snowboard carrier (575), or just buy a box (like the Evolution series) and protect your board from road grime & the elements.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-06-2004, 6:32 AM Reply   
haha how about a skylon or titan tower on top of the VW?
Old     (the_madness)      Join Date: May 2003       07-06-2004, 2:44 PM Reply   
Don't think the though hasn't crossed my mind, tower speakers and all!!!