Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-17-2008, 3:49 PM Reply   
Myself and a few other boats are going to the St. Johns River for some early morning butter then an afternoon booz cruz... Here is a link for the hotel their; Good Ole Jungle Den!

http://www.blairsjungleden.com/motel.htm
Old     (wakefoshizzle)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-17-2008, 6:29 PM Reply   
Duffy what upp man.We would head out their but i think Wakegames is that weekend.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-18-2008, 5:47 AM Reply   
You know Im in. St Johns is always a great trip - check profile pic for confirmation of the last time!!!
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-18-2008, 6:06 AM Reply   
What up Lewis, Are you riding at Wakegames?
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-18-2008, 6:29 AM Reply   
What is wakegames?
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-18-2008, 6:30 AM Reply   
A little more warning and I might have been in. I might be at Weir that weekend.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-18-2008, 8:51 AM Reply   
I have a few people that will go. About 4 boats wanted to go a few weeks ago but got rained out.
Duffy will you girlfriend be there?
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-18-2008, 9:05 AM Reply   
No Billy she will not, but I could get her grandma to maybe come. She is more your speed and closer in age.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-18-2008, 11:11 AM Reply   
AHHHHHH good one sonny! hopefully she will leave her teeth at home.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-18-2008, 11:19 AM Reply   
Are you bringing 4 boats Billy?
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-18-2008, 11:36 AM Reply   
Most likely 4, but only if the dealer gets done servicing my boat in time will I be able to make it.
Will you guys be out on Sunday or just Saturday?

(Message edited by woreout on April 18, 2008)
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-18-2008, 11:44 AM Reply   
I didnt pay attention to the date Duffy posted, most of the people that can go have to work Saturday but can go Sunday. Hopefully you guys will still be out.
Old     (mxflyer281)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-18-2008, 9:47 PM Reply   
Nice I have that weekend off where u guys gonna be at? U planning on riding or just chilling at the glen. Cause I no of the den isn't too bad. Hopefully u wont ride north cause no way in hell am i driving across lake george if its chop lol.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-21-2008, 5:46 AM Reply   
We will put in at Astor and some of us are booking rooms at Jungle Den. I may go up friday night just pm me with your number and I will call and let you know.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-21-2008, 6:23 AM Reply   
We will still be there Billy. My boats at the shop getting detailed this week, so I understand.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-21-2008, 7:20 AM Reply   
I was in Astor over the weekend and I cannot believe the number of wakeboard boats I'm seeing. Every year the tally goes up.

I took a night cruise and I'll tell ya the gators were everywhere. Hope it doesn't change the structure of the current food chain.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-21-2008, 7:31 AM Reply   
Krutz - if your gonna be at Weir, drag your crew out to Astor Sat or Sunday. Your trailer probably needs to move more than 15' once in a while!
Tim - Im bringing my freakishly expensive spot light for gators. Im pretty sure my new coast guard approved jacket is buoyant enough for my chain mail...
Old     (jgrunow)      Join Date: May 2004       04-22-2008, 10:47 AM Reply   
I have called the Den 3 times and keep on getting the message "The switch board is closed". Anyone else having this trouble?
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-22-2008, 5:09 PM Reply   
Duffy said he called and it "was all good"... ? Astor Marina right next door has a hotel too. Maybe they are a better bet - looks like its not as sketch..?
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-23-2008, 5:29 AM Reply   
I just called them and they had some kind of emergency yesterday. I called twice yesterday and got right through.

Jeff, the girl filling in today is Tammy and she will be there until 4pm.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-23-2008, 10:26 AM Reply   
I stayed at the Astor Bridge Marina and the units are are clean and comfortable. I also stayed in the hotel next to the Blackwater Inn, forgot the name, but again the units, although dated, are clean and comfortable. I don't think you can go wrong at any of the local places. The only negative is if you are a light sleeper, the traffic noise on the draw bridge grating my irritate.

A couple of you seem to know each other well enough that you may want to pool resources and rent a house for the weekend. Go to vacation rentals by owner (VRBO), search Astor, and you may be amazed at the cost of a rental. It makes a great base of operation for an evening cookout or gathering spot even if some stay at a hotel.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-23-2008, 1:10 PM Reply   
Duffy - I agree man, VRBO could get us a house on the river for the same price or less. I use it all the time.
Old     (jgrunow)      Join Date: May 2004       04-23-2008, 6:54 PM Reply   
I'm booked at the Den. See you all there.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-24-2008, 4:35 AM Reply   
Ted snores LOUD! I would be fine if he stays in another motel...
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-24-2008, 6:40 AM Reply   
Thats offensive. Just drink more so you pass out and the snoring wont bother you. Damn man!
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-24-2008, 6:47 AM Reply   
Thats the thing I was passed out and you still woke me up!
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-24-2008, 2:45 PM Reply   
It wasnt my snoring...

Ugh I just made myself throw up.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-28-2008, 7:34 AM Reply   
let's see some pics! preferrably not with the po po writin' a ticket. LOL what happened there, Dreevs? crackin down at the glen?

I gotta check WW more often...we were out saturday in volusia county. weekend crew ridin and hangin at the beach south of the highbanks boat ramp/marina....headin to the GLEN on Sunday, May 25th - MEMORIAL DAY weekend. good times.

Upload
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-28-2008, 8:18 AM Reply   
Profile pic is a year old, but I got pulled over again yesterday leaving the Glen! FWC loves me!
I am dubbing the St Johns trip a Primevil / Prehistoric Wake Adventure. I seriously felt like there were parts of that river that havent changed - ever. Crazy fish jumping out of the water - sometimes right in front of the board, and alligators as big as the boat that just let us roll right up on them! And Nascar fans with boiled peanuts everywhere!!
The riding was just amazing with miles of glass everywhere. I cant wait to go back!
I didnt get any pics, but everyone else did - lets see em!!!
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-28-2008, 10:28 AM Reply   
yup, yup - love that river glass.

were they just checking your equipment or cups? ....I know a veteran like you wouldn't plow through a no-wake zone ;)

saw a dino yesterday! at least 10' long chillin on the bank. I said leave him sit - no need to "train" them, but my buddy had to get closer...about 20 yards and he only lifted his head a bit. wished I had my camera.

also, two boats collided on the river in Volusia County around 3pm on Saturday. I wasn't out there then, but saw it on the news. a woman was killed and others injured.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/Local/newWEST01042808.htm
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-28-2008, 11:34 AM Reply   
We saw a few dinos yesterday - the FWC guy told me to head down a particular channel where a 13 footer was hanging out. I tell you man, those things still amaze me. We got within 5 feet of it before it decided to come towards us and slip into the water. Unbelievable how brave they are. On the way back I saw 4 baby gators just chilling on a tree. The day before we rolled up on a head of one sticking out of the water - his head was the size of the front of my civic. He smiled and split.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-28-2008, 12:20 PM Reply   
Pic are up under "St. Johns Trip Pics"

You guys and your gator stories. I didn't see one gator the whole time... Oh sorry Ted I get it, yea gators everywhere, everywhere you look gators are there.

But I have only three words to describe it butter,butter,and butter!
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-28-2008, 12:24 PM Reply   
They were everywhere!

Upload
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-28-2008, 2:02 PM Reply   
I'm calling you on that gator above. A little to brown they are more black.

Did you guys all have the gentlemen's agreement, "If I don't let you sit in the water you won't do the same to me".
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-29-2008, 5:25 AM Reply   
I have gator pics from sunday. I will get them posted soon.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-29-2008, 5:30 AM Reply   
They should put a smile on that gator, some red lipstick and a rebel flag in his hand.