Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-10-2009, 9:14 AM Reply   
So...Tried a half-cab roll Saturday and got worked pretty good. Got back in the boat and was having some minor breathing problems for about 2-3 min's, but nothing bad. Last night, went to bed and realized I have 2 ribs which hurt from where they connect to my sternum (spelled that wrong I'm sure) all the way to my back. Anybody else have something like this happen - anything to be worried about, or should it be OK w/a little time? I have no idea what I did, and it doesn't hurt to breathe anymore, I'm just looking for a little insight. Thanks!
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-10-2009, 9:16 AM Reply   
I did this 2 months ago.....it hurt to deep breathe cough and roll around in bed.....took 3 to four weeks to heal. other than being a nuisance it was bearable. as long as you dont exhibit any other symptoms and it is getting better your fine. For me it didnt really get better fast but then the last couple a weeks it really improved. But then i am old

(Message edited by absoluteboarder on August 10, 2009)
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-10-2009, 9:22 AM Reply   
I separated a rib wakeboarding 2 years ago. It KILLED during the instant it happened, but then it was mild pain after that..but when I went to pull on the rope to tighten my boat cover an hour later, I had pain like the first second. Basically it only hurt badly when I yanked on something. Dont know about broken ribs...I cant remember how long I had to take off, I think like a month but I dont remember. Might as well go to the doc and see what they say
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-10-2009, 9:39 AM Reply   
It doesn't sound nearly as bad as yours Adam, I'm gonna let it be unless it starts to hurt more. If it does, I'll go to the doc ASAP, I'm hoping it's just some deep bruising, but you never know.
Old     (wakesurfer08)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-10-2009, 9:45 AM Reply   
We will work that pain right out of you, when you come tonight to help finish moving our household items! I'll make sure that no boxes weight less than 80lbs.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-10-2009, 10:03 AM Reply   
Sweet.....um, I think i have to work late....yeah that's it.....wait...then you'd call me andrew!
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       08-10-2009, 10:26 AM Reply   
Done it a few times...deep brusies ( maybe broken, but never got x-rayed) It always takes me 4-6 weeks for a full recovery.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-10-2009, 5:05 PM Reply   
I seperated my floating ribs years ago, was fine until I woke up the next morning for school and couldn't get out of bed because it hurt so much. Don't remember exactly how long it took to come right a few weeks I think. Basically all you can do is bandage around your ribs although it doesn't do a huge amount of good I found, and wait it out.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-10-2009, 11:35 PM Reply   
could be any number of things, from your description it doesnt sound bad. If you seperate your ribs or break your rib cartilage (which I did) you will know trust me! Its excruciating when it happens. 4-6 weeks of no strenous physical activity normally. In your case I would leave it at least a week and monitor how you feel every day. Just take it easy.
Old     (broncofan)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-11-2009, 5:25 AM Reply   
Jacked my ribs a couple seasons ago. I had severe pain when I coughed, sneezed, etc. Just as I thought they were healing I sneezed at the mall due to being in the perfume department of a department store, I damb near fell to my knees. When I lay on my stomach now I can feel something move in there. Rib injuries suck. Good luck