Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old    snowdog            05-19-2003, 2:20 PM Reply   
FINALLY, WARM WEATHER! Kicked-it up @ Shasta this past weekend and the lake was VERY FULL, to the high water mark. I posted about 120 pics of the adventure, if your interested, check it out at http://www.gowakin.com. IT was a great time, thanks to Matt P., Tom and all the crew, GREAT TIMES!

Will hopefully be going back up there this weekend, anyone else gonna be up there?
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-19-2003, 2:29 PM Reply   
Myself and a few buddies will be at Shasta on June 2nd for some lessons at Ensane Wakeboard school. I've never been to the lake, but I hear it is awesome. Supposedly you can find smooth water any time during the day. Have you ever been to the school there? How long is the drive from San Jose?
Old    jplorenz            05-19-2003, 2:57 PM Reply   
Thor -
the guys (Ian - owner, Chris and Matt) at En'sane are great. We have used them several times and have always come away with a positive experience - even in the rain a couple of years ago.
My son is heading down for a 3 day camp with them in mid. June.
Have a great time.
BTW - you can check out the lake in "real time" at
http://www.houseboats.com/shasta/viewlake.htm
That is the view from the Jones Valley marina.
John L.
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-19-2003, 3:40 PM Reply   
How warm was the water?
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-19-2003, 4:58 PM Reply   
It's full and the spring runoff is really just getting started. Looks like all the lakes in NorCal will be looking good this summer.
Old     (cramey)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-20-2003, 7:33 AM Reply   
i was just there. it sucked.

there were 30+ mph winds all day for 2.5 days straight. the water was a balmy 61.5
Old    jplorenz            05-20-2003, 7:42 AM Reply   
the water temp 10 days ago was 58-60 degrees - cold. It has been warm at Shasta since we were there so I bet the temps are in the mid 60s now.
Old    sickboy            05-20-2003, 8:04 AM Reply   
Sounds like the delta this past weekend, except the water was warmer.
Old     (the_madness)      Join Date: May 2003       05-21-2003, 8:17 AM Reply   
Anyone know anything about a Lake Shasta Get Together Jul 6 Jul 13???
Old    steveaz            05-21-2003, 8:54 AM Reply   
It's still on Brad. Not sure exactly how many people are attending. Of those that are, some are camping and others have houseboats or cabins.

Steve
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-21-2003, 8:59 AM Reply   

Brad - Lake Shasta Get-Together WAKEON.COM will be pulling in Shasta RV Campgounds July 10 - 13th. Come on by and introduce yourself. We also will have a houseboat floaten around on the lake as well.

www.wakeon.com

See you on the water
Old    sickboy            05-21-2003, 11:22 AM Reply   
I've got a houseboat full of people for that trip as well, we're launching out of Antlers on Sunday. Sounds like there'll be a lot of people camping at Shasta Lake RV park, maybe we should do our big group BBQ there, or near there one night?

mb
Old     (supersport)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-21-2003, 12:01 PM Reply   
Snowdog, The pictures were excellent. They got me pumped. Nice hummer. Nice wake behing the X.
Question: even with the winds, were you able to find good water?
I have a houseboat reserved for the last week of July. Cant wait!
Old     (the_madness)      Join Date: May 2003       05-21-2003, 1:15 PM Reply   
It's ON. I'll be rollin into Shasta Lake RV Park Thursday. I look forward to meeting everyone. Let's rip it up.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-21-2003, 2:54 PM Reply   
Joe -

I was up there with Landon that weekend, per the owners of the houseboat , that was the worst wind they had seen in years. Riding was spotty, we found a empty cove, docked in the back and were able to get some good sets in, but nothing compared to some of the EPIC stories shasta is so famous for. Highlight of the trip was the Bald Eagles and the HUGE brown bear!

hope that helps -
Aaron
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-21-2003, 4:28 PM Reply   

Mark - lets do it up Brotha - Grant West and his crew are road trippen with us as well. Hey there are alot of the OR. crew staying there as well. Lets do it up Saturday evening or Friday. Will have a pop up trailer set-up for our Margi Bar.

www.wakeon.com
Old     (supersport)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-21-2003, 5:32 PM Reply   
Aaron,
Thanks for the response. I have heard that even if that lake gets wind, you can still find good water.
The pictures of the bear and the eagle were awesome. And that X-star wake was huge!
Joe
Old     (nautique_driver)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-21-2003, 6:02 PM Reply   
Awful wind both Sat and Sun. Wore sweatshirts all during INT event at Antlers. Even the Experts and Outlaw riders were not doing as well. TERRIBLE. enough to make us change our mind about anothertrip. ALTHOUGH, we found a cove Sat. that was GLASS, however the debris was enough to make us leave.
I wont go back any time soon. Saw the eagles but no bears !
Old     (nautique_driver)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-21-2003, 6:03 PM Reply   
Awful wind both Sat and Sun. Wore sweatshirts all during INT event at Antlers. Even the Experts and Outlaw riders were not doing as well. TERRIBLE. enough to make us change our mind about another trip. ALTHOUGH, we found a cove Sat. night that was GLASS, however the debris was enough to make us leave.
I wont go back any time soon. Saw the eagles but no bears !
Old    sickboy            05-22-2003, 9:27 AM Reply   
Mike-
Sounds great man, you have definitely peaked my interest with the mention of a Margi Bar in a pop up trailer!!! Can't wait to see that one!!!

mb
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-22-2003, 10:08 AM Reply   

Mark - Where are ya all staying again???? We need to get-together a spot so we all can hook-up, drop anchor and have a few.

www.wakeon.com
Old     (ltw235)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-22-2003, 10:11 AM Reply   
I am staying at Shasta Lake RV park from July 3 through July 9th. Looking forward to hooking up with you all.
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-22-2003, 10:25 AM Reply   
July 6th to the 13th Antlers. Spot 54 I think.
Old    sickboy            05-22-2003, 12:49 PM Reply   
Mike-
I answered in the other post, but I'll put it here again, we've got a houseboat rented out of Antlers from the 6th-13th. My MC is black and tan, my buddies 03 VLX is blue, shouldn't miss us. We'll be moving around here and there, looking for a good spot to beach the houseboat, kinda playing it by ear on that one. I can't wait to meet up with everyone, it should be a great week!!!

mb
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-22-2003, 12:57 PM Reply   

Will be looken for ya

Mike@wakeon.com
Old     (supersport)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-22-2003, 9:46 PM Reply   
Wait! Brown Bear! Arent those grizzley bears? Arent those dangerous? Like WAY dangerous?
Do those ever check out the houseboats?
Joe