Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Hydrofoiling

Old                10-12-2004, 8:31 AM Reply   
I currently have a Stealth Air Chair and was going to get a Sky Ski next year. Since Murphy sold Sky Ski, has anybody heard what is going to happen with the company?
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-12-2004, 10:28 AM Reply   
Yes the company was sold. Comptech now owns Skyski. May be some short term issues moving the staff and all of that, but Comptech makes a lot of the Skyski parts and HO makes the decks. So, there should not be any issues with the actual building of the Skis.

If you go to Comptech's website they even have a link to skyski.com

When you are ready to buy, check out Wake-me.com They sell Skyskis.
Old     (jrudd)      Join Date: May 2002       10-25-2004, 11:26 PM Reply   
They do? No links...
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-26-2004, 5:05 AM Reply   
Old outdated website. Email me.

WakeMe@Bendcable.com
Old                03-23-2005, 8:50 AM Reply   
It feels like it's been forever. I want to get out on the water SO bad, but it will be another two months before it's warm enough here in Kansas. I want to make sure I have a new Sky Ski when our season starts.

I have been looking at the Sky Ski LEX or the two-piece billet. I am sick of the hours of polishing on my AC Stealth, so I would like billet or anodized if possible. I also want to go with one which has the Shock Tower. I seem to be having trouble finding any information on www.skyski.com - which shows they only sell four types of Sky Skis... I hear good things about Air Chair's V-38, but it's way overpriced and Bob is an no purchase there. I am on a limited budget and am looking for the best deal. I'm sure a lot of you have already searched for the best price.

Any help here would be much appreciated!!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-23-2005, 9:02 AM Reply   
Sky Ski this!

E.J.
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       03-23-2005, 2:32 PM Reply   
The LEX comes anodized and is the only way to go. Don't get me wrong the 2 piece is great, but everyone gets a LEX at some point.
I had a 2 piece last year and was very happy with it. It rode well and was built great. I got sick of polishing it too. I ended up selling it a few weeks ago to get a LEX.
I have a friend thats a dealer. He does really good on the pricing. What ever you decided to do, I know he would treat you right. If your interested, or have any questions e-mail me.
By the way, I'm not a dealer, and gain nothing from this. Joe
Old     (steelerguy)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-31-2005, 7:37 AM Reply   
We Just went out for the first time yesturday. Water 44 -> air 75 it was a sweet day. Of course we had Dry Suits....

I got to try out my used NEW TO ME Sky SKi LEX

AWSOME AWSOME AWSOME>

I recently sold my cast sky ski. Great starter ski. But the day you ride a lex is the day your Old one gos on ebay... NO KIDDING!
I recomend saving up for the real deal.. Or bite the bullet and put it on a credit card.

Old                04-01-2005, 7:16 AM Reply   
Yeah I hear the LEX is the one to get, but is it REALLY worth over 3x the amount of cash?! I mean, there is hardly any more material put into it, and with the new shock tower on the 05 model it makes you go HMM. It sounds like the best way to go is get the shock tower model with anodized foil and put the front and rear wing of the LEX on it. $4500 is just insane!! You can buy a nice used car for that or a great down payment on a ski boat! lol
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       04-01-2005, 3:39 PM Reply   
Jason, There are 2 different shock towers. The LEX one is a lot nicer.
The strut on a LEX is longer, thinner, stronger, and lighter(different type of aluminum).
It's also made out of 1 piece instead of 2 pieces and welded together(no thick joint).
The wings are bigger(more surface area = more air). I don't know if the 2 piece strut could take the extra abuse over time.
The LEX comes stock anodized.
You can easily get one for less then $4500.

Everyone thought the same thing as you. "$4500 is just insane!! You can buy a nice used car for that or a great down payment on a ski boat!" All I have to say is this. If you don't want to spend the extra money, don't ever ride a LEX. Once you do, nothing else compares.
Joe
Old                04-12-2005, 6:24 PM Reply   
Joe - thanks for hooking me up with Brett. I ordered and can't wait for my Ski Sky Pro ST!!!

I also called Sky Ski and supposedly the LEX has the same material as the other foils. They do not sell cast aluminum foils any more. There are many pros out there who have been running cast foils for several years now and are still fine, so I'm not sure what you meant by "don't know if the 2 piece strut could take the extra abuse".

Personally, I decided against the LEX because I have other things to blow my money on (more gas money to ride more)

The B39 was tempting, but I have doubts that flex seat is better than even the Pro ST's shock. Hopefully I can find somebody with one this year I can give it a test run The B39 has a longer strut than even the LEX and it's adjustable, so I guess if bigger is better than why not go for one of those 6 foot struts they tried out? I can't find the link any more...

Scott - anybody who would put that much on a card probably shouldn't be spending that much in the first place, lol. I'm glad you have money like that to throw around. but... we are all FOIL FREAKS here, huh? oh yeah. I must say, foiling is one of my favorite things to do in the summer.

(Message edited by shagnwagn on April 12, 2005)