Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (norwalkbeast)      Join Date: May 2011       01-13-2013, 10:27 AM Reply   
I got a Hero 3 for Christmas and I was wondering what everyone uses to make their videos. I have a MackBook Pro with IMovie on it. I also downloaded the CineForm Studio software too. Ive had some troubles trying to use it and I can't seem to move any of the videos from CineForm to IMovie. Im just looking for some help to make this go easier. Thanks!
Old     (JustinMD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       01-13-2013, 6:12 PM Reply   
iMovie will work fine. Just import your vid files from the storage device your using and go at it. Crazy easy to use but it lacks a lot too. Adobe or Final Cut will work wonders.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-13-2013, 7:32 PM Reply   
final cut pro x is the best mix of ease of use (especially if you are familiary with imovie) and quality output.
Old     (waketowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-13-2013, 7:54 PM Reply   
Imovie is awesome to get started with. I wouldn't waste my time with sine. However once you want to get a little more advanced you can move up to Final Cut Pro X. Thats what I use now, and its great. Youtube some pointers for imove, and you'll be surprised what it can do.

Heres a video I did with FCPX and the G Pro 3, congrats on the new camera!

Old     (jafo9)      Join Date: May 2012       01-14-2013, 9:26 AM Reply   
could you be more specific about what you think are the biggest advantages of FCX over iMovie? I certainly appreciate Aperture over iPhoto but I can't seem to convince myself to spend the money for FCX.
Old     (waketowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-14-2013, 11:25 AM Reply   
Basically Imovie is a dumbed down version of FCX. On FCX everything is faster, and more precise. Theres more effects that come with FCX, as well as color adjustments. In Imovie your clips when editing are brought down in quality until everthing is put together, as well as freezing up all the time. FCX is very fast, and keeps high quality clips all the way through editing. There are so many things that I keep finding in FCX that are awesome. Its definitely worth the money if your into editing, and have a high quality camera. Shoot a lot of footage then download the 30 day trial to see how you like it. Heres the link. http://www.apple.com/finalcutpro/trial/
Old     (RideGull)      Join Date: Apr 2012       02-21-2013, 4:35 PM Reply   
+1 for FCP X
Old     (jfergus7)      Join Date: Jul 2011       02-21-2013, 10:14 PM Reply   
Great job on the editing of that video. Really liked the intro and the b-roll. Why did you include the girl at the end? I didn't see her in any of the video till then.
Old     (V8_Killer)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-27-2013, 10:44 PM Reply   
A few entry level questions from a video filming/editing noob:

#1: Can someone with virtually 0 video editing experience pick up FCPX and learn it without spending countless hours trying to figure out the most basic stuff?

#2: What resolution do you film in with the GoPro?

#3: Anyone using something other than a GoPro, what do you use? In terms of a normal HD video camera, i.e. non-waterproof. I'm looking to get shots from the boat using a normal camera and combine with with GoPro video.

Thanks!

Dusty
Old     (waketowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-02-2013, 9:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8_Killer View Post
A few entry level questions from a video filming/editing noob:

#1: Can someone with virtually 0 video editing experience pick up FCPX and learn it without spending countless hours trying to figure out the most basic stuff?

#2: What resolution do you film in with the GoPro?

#3: Anyone using something other than a GoPro, what do you use? In terms of a normal HD video camera, i.e. non-waterproof. I'm looking to get shots from the boat using a normal camera and combine with with GoPro video.

Thanks!

Dusty
Sure there are tons of tutorials on youtube to get you started. But be bewared to spend hours editing to get everything just right.

The Go Pro res for me depends on what im shooting. If I plan on doing super slow mo than 720 at 120 fps, but for openers and regular shots 1080 or even 2k.

As for the camera I like the cannon T3i or T2i. My buddy has one, and it has nice video quality.

Good luck bud!