Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old     (wakeboardqueen)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-04-2004, 5:34 PM Reply   
hi
Old     (wakeboardqueen)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-04-2004, 5:37 PM Reply   
blindside ??
Old    yearling            01-04-2004, 6:39 PM Reply   
hyperlite by far
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-04-2004, 7:39 PM Reply   
its really up to you but since liguid force's rebuilding i prefer lf, you just have to find a board you like, different boards for different riders
Old     (gbphantom)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-04-2004, 7:39 PM Reply   
I wouldn't go so far as to say that Hyperlite is the best board, but I will say they make a lot of good boards. There are a lot of wake manufacturers that make a huge array of great boards. It all depends on what you look for in a board. I know LF, Gator Boards, CWB, Earthboards, and many more make I haven't named. No one board is the best, it's whatever works for you.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-04-2004, 8:26 PM Reply   
Erin, for somebody at your level, the Blindside Flower board you are riding will be just fine. My wife recently got one, and it is better than the O'Brien she had before, and it is a good board for her at an intermediate level, doing lots of 180s and wake to wake jumps with different grabs. Keep your board for now. If you want to spend a little money on something, get one of the instructional videos that somebody mentioned in your other post. If you want to spend even more money, see if you can find a wakeboard camp or clinic nearby and get a lesson. Maybe there is one on Lake Sinclair, I don't know. Ambush is a big shop in Atlanta (770-420-9111), and if you talk to Paul Lizon or Lee, they might know who is teaching lessons in your area. That might be a good bet for you. There also is a pretty strong website for the Atlanta wakeboard community (try Wakeboardatlanta.com???), some of the people there seem more into partying, but I'm sure you could find out about some local clinics and events. GA College in Millegeville had a very strong ski team at one time, but I don't know the latest news on that - maybe there are still some people (guys or girls) there that could give a wakeboard lesson, but you would need your parents to be involved in arranging something like that. Also, Linda Giddens is a VERY reputable competition ski coach with a private lake in Eastman, GA (below Macon). Last I checked with Linda, she was not teaching too much wakeboarding (she is more into traditional competition skiing at the highest level), but if you call her, she might know somebody in your area who could give a lesson, or she might make an exception. She is an outstanding coach for all types of skiing. I think I remember her school is called Lake Destiny or something like that. Finally, I know a very good woman wakeboarder (could have gone pro a few years back) who just bought a house on Lake Sinclair. She might be able to give you a lesson when it gets warmer, and I bet she would give you a good fair price. Again, ask your parents, and let me know if it is something you would like me to look into. You can send me an email at backsidethree@yahoo.com

Don't worry about a new board right now, because yours is a good one. You just need to be patient and practice as much as you can, either by watching instructional videos or finding a good teacher.

If you think you need new bindings, then the Hyperlite Splits are good, as somebody already mentioned, but you also would probably be fine in the Hyperlite Spins, which come in a "mini" size that is good for girls, and you can probably find them a bit cheaper. Why do you think you need new bindings, and what type do you have right now?
Good luck to you!
Old     (wakeboardqueen)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-05-2004, 3:48 PM Reply   
thanx yallhey i live on lake sinclair ! u do 2